Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

01/26/2012 09:29 AMPosted by ObsCure
I just know there is a release date in that response somewhere... time to use my internet decryption skills.

hahaha
Reply Quote
Good news are good! o,.o
Reply Quote
Alas my poor companion.

Make sure you include squirrels when you do add it back in.

Me and Squirrley have made it to hell and back before, we can do it again.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't have really mattered to me if you left them or removed them as they were optional to use.

BUT YES, keep on track for the release date ty :)
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Littlerogue
OMFG they actually gave me a beta key!!! TYTYTY

*Fist Bunp*

On topic, the models for the pets should totally be used for "wildlife" mobs that just show up and wander around in each map. Non-aggressive, dies in one hit, no loot. If you hit one directly it dies in an explosion of gore, otherwise just a normal death animation. (Make sure the piggies squeal, though!) For small insects, if you walk on them they go splat.

The models are already there, so I would assume that this wouldn't take very long and is funny enough that hopefully someone will take the time to do it on their time off, for the lulz.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the bone Nethaera. How about a little desert?
Reply Quote
"We think we can make companion pets into a much more robust profit-center as collectible items traded on the RMAH."

-fixt

Regardless, happy to see them go if it means we'll see D3 Soonerish™
Edited by Setcamper on 1/26/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update, it'll really feels like you guys are in overdrive now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This is great new, i'm very happy to hear this.
I'm sure a whole lot of people are :)

(Just sayin, a LOT of us still have complete faith in you blizz, we're not deteriorated from the plague that has hit a few forums whiners ;p)
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

+1

This is very good idea, and not only with mentionet systems, i think that kind of action will be good for all ow us:
Not delaying the release.
And especially that you will be able to think about all of the cutoff systems after the release, and this will be better thinking of it because that is no preasure-thinking :] so it will only give us a lot better solutions.
Edited by D3BETA on 1/26/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

/cookie

Thanks for the update! Tell the devs to keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
Cain should identify stuff like the old days...
Reply Quote
we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game

Am I reading too much into this or is this just absolutely fantastic news?
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Prosercunus
we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game

Am I reading too much into this or is this just absolutely fantastic news?

fantastic news indeed
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Are you gonna comment of a few other changes that didn't make in to the patch notes?

The fact we have 3 less bank tabs to buy, for example.
Reply Quote
we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away

+9000
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]