Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

85 Undead Rogue
I loved the scroll of companion! (Gold!@#$%) But fair choice, I can't wait for the game. :)

****Waiting as patiently as possible****
Reply Quote
I was going to take my pig into inferno with me...but oh well haha.

Thank you for the update! Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
:-( But... I liked watching a hyper-zoomie-piggy pick up piles of gold.

[Edit] Also, wouldn't imposing some sort of taxation rate for using the companions (e.g. the companions only return 90% of the gold they pick up to you) balance out the pressure to view the companions as "mandatory?" If that were the case players who did not use them might be able to accumulate more gold per area, but they would need to take the time to pick up the piles themselves.

Though I would miss the bunny and piggy, I could see how ditching the cutesy animals and only keeping the darker and grittier animals (snakes, beetles, bats, rats, etc.) for companions would fit into Sanctuary better.
Edited by CPsloStudent on 1/26/2012 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hope they plan on bringing back the companions through a pet vendor of some kind.
Reply Quote
Interesting indeed, good update
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
the removal of Scrolls of Companion

Boooo!

We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually)

Yaaay!

Seriously, I don't think any of the animals are more immersion breaking than what is said in a coop game. And the animals were a selling point trying to get some other gamers to try Diablo 3.

I also wonder if the Demon Hunter spell "Companion" is having his Alabaster rune effect (Ferret) changed since that seems to have the same effect and other classes now no longer have anything close to the effect.
Edited by Tyburn on 1/26/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Cool, looks like they are putting the effort to release the game sooner than later. Anyway, I'll prolly be playing TES VI and VII till they release it LOLZ.
Reply Quote
we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away.

Please do it TY
Reply Quote
It's great to see you in these forums Netheara! <3
Reply Quote
The "BIG picture" here is release date.
This is a positive update for ALL of us.

Thanks BLIZZARD
Reply Quote
Companions CAN be much cooler than just animated vacuums that pick up gold for you...

They were pretty lame anyways, not too sad to see them go for now.
Reply Quote
finally some positive energy on the forums!
Reply Quote
It's good to see they are actually updating on stuff instead of the blizzard hush hush... Yay!
Reply Quote
Did I help you to change your minds about the pets?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3114352116#13
Reply Quote
[Sarcasm on]

Yes please keep hacking cool features to speed up the release! Have you thought about chopping the RMAH, I am sure that would shave off months of needed development?

[Sarcasm off]

Reply Quote
Thanks for the uptade on this.
Gathering gold is not that hard since you just have to walk on it anyways.
Reply Quote
The companion pets felt like they were mandatory to maximize play efficiency and some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary.

All companion pets did was collect gold. They were pointless. Is there any reason why your FOLLOWER couldn't do the same job?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Very Nice.

/sips coffee
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]