Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

You could of just made fewer companion pets available this release and used the ones that presently blend in. And make newer companion pets available with achievements or something.
Reply Quote
or you could make a companion for every class, gained by quest or something :)
Reply Quote
hope you take 'em back in the future
the concepts were really promising
the Reforging one could be very interesting in the harder difficulties

pets were great but very rough concept... just like you said
Reply Quote
Neth, Does this mean I can stop clicking on bookshelves?!
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually), and evolve the reforging scrolls into a more meaningful system at some point in the future. For the time being, they will not be in the initial release of the game.

I'm sorry, you think you can evolve these? If I know Blizzard, they CAN and WILL.

Posted by Nethaera
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.
+1

That's what I like to see. Stay on track.

Keep us updated Blizz!!
Reply Quote
Way to make a decision!

Great news, thanks for the update!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Awesome love both changes.

I hated having a pet following me around at 10x it's normal speed to ''catch up'' to me.

Plus as you said, there is no room for cutesies in Sanctuary :)
Reply Quote
It's a shame, I had even named my little pets. The pig was named Bacon and the chicken was named Mr. Cluckie.

Good to hear that they're trying to get closer to the release date though.
Reply Quote
I'm pushing for making all WoW pets account-wide and then letting us use them in D3. Makes perfect sense with the upcoming pet battles mechanic. Wishful thinking at its most wishful. But maybe so crazy it just might work...
Reply Quote
i know alot of people will be mad over no release date all i got to say to you (blizzard)

i have waited this long i can keep waiting i want d3 to be EPIC win so take your time and dont rush things ...

loving the beta and cant wait to play the full version when its ready

Reply Quote
Thank you for these changes. Your reasons are solid.
Reply Quote
A few more changes have made their way in to Diablo III beta patch 10, including the removal of Scrolls of Companion and Scrolls of Reforging, and we’ll be updating the patch notes to reflect that.

In both cases these are features we felt were underdeveloped and just not quite good enough for the game in their current state. The companion pets felt like they were mandatory to maximize play efficiency and some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary. Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually), and evolve the reforging scrolls into a more meaningful system at some point in the future. For the time being, they will not be in the initial release of the game.

Thank you!

I posted in the Beta Forums about how the critter companions seemed tossed in without much thought.

You definitely need to put more utility/fun in with respect to them.
Reply Quote
Excited with this update. I like Nethaera better than Bashiok because this manager has more open tone in discussing about the progress and release.

So the game is now back on track with the release since all of underdeveloped, buggy, and complicated parts are being removed or simplified.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
dang I want to be a part of beta :(

Awesome choices keep it up Blizzard
Edited by Azmoduos on 1/26/2012 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

BREAKING NEWS:

Today Blizzard publicly announced on their Diablo 3 forums that they are in fact working towards a solid release date rather than postponing it indefinitely.

The initial shock felt by the community at this affirmation was quickly replaced by cries of glee that they can finally expect that the game will be released rather than just dangled in front of them for decades to come.

Is it sad that a statement like that from Blizzard causes us this much joy? Yes, it is very sad. Fortunately, it doesn't matter because it means we'll have Diablo 3 before too long :D
Edited by Arshes on 1/26/2012 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
64 Gnome Rogue
Yet another feature being taken out. I hated having to walk in 360s for gold. Why are people happy about this?
Reply Quote
I miss all my farm animals. Q_Q
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary.

This was so good to read.
Reply Quote
no beta key for me but this is certainly great news
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]