Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

I love you Blizzard. Just felt the need to say that. Please continue to take your time because I would rather wait a bit longer for the game and enjoy it rather than get it today and have to deal with all the bugs and glitches that a game offers when it's rushed.

Blizzard you are doing a great job and I stand behind you all 100% and just want to say that I thank you for all the hard work you guys have all put into this already and will continue to put into it!

-Billy S. a.k.a Cognitive
Reply Quote
9 Draenei Priest
Companions = more time killing, less time collecting. They should have been left in. Even being able to walk over gold feels tedious when for weeks my snake/spider/pig/whatever has handled that. Now I wish it was never there to begin with.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
DOM
I loved my companion pets.
I also love making the split decision choices on whether or not to pick something up or continue killing. Companion pets took away that choice. Salvaging in-dungeon also took away that choice.
I'm happy that in some regards, reducing the choice density doesn't make the game more fun.

Patch 10 is a great patch, thanks :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I guess they wouldn't fit on the console.
Edited by Mooddha on 1/26/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Finally, a Community Manager that used the word's "Release Date" in a sentence with the goal of having one, being in the paragraph. Thank you Nathaera!! You ROCK!!!
Reply Quote
Good stuff. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I'll miss you... my chicken. My snake. My cockroach. My queen. My wife. My lov-ups.

I'd like more if they kept the scroll of companion and the old scroll of identify. =/

(sorry any mistake, google translator here =P)
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:49 AMPosted by D3BETA
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

This is the best sentence I've seen from a blue in months.

+1

Thanks for the update!
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually), and evolve the reforging scrolls into a more meaningful system at some point in the future. For the time being, they will not be in the initial release of the game.

You've got a LONG, long way to go to make me think there's anything cool about "pets" in a Diablo game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release

Since when did Blizzard care about release dates, they are cutting stuff now to bring it out quicker. I like but I feel its a bit of an EA sell out, finish ASAP or we will cut ur funding kinda thing.
Reply Quote
I'll miss you... my chicken. My snake. My cockroach. My queen. My wife. My lov-ups.

I'd like more if they kept the scroll of companion and the old scroll of identify. =/

(sorry any mistake, google translator here =P)

I agree with the scroll of identify, Its such a minor gripe but I dislike that the characters can identify items themselves. I feel like having to wait to go back to town to identify items added to the suspense and of finding out whether you got a good, okay, or great item. Sure you could have scrolls to identify on the spot but they either cost money(unless you found them) or take up inventory space.

In D1 you had to pay Cain 100 gold to identify an item and in D2 he did it for you for free since you rescued him. !@#$ you want a good use for the mystic, have her identify items for you (since it's my prediction that Cain doesn't make it out of this game alive for one reason or another).

Just my opinion but I feel like having the ability to identify items without the use of a scroll or NPC takes away from the whole "Double Unwrapping a present" feeling Blizz said they like. To me, its just not the same... IDK just a personal opinion.
Reply Quote
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release

Since when did Blizzard care about release dates, they are cutting stuff now to bring it out quicker. I like but I feel its a bit of an EA sell out, finish ASAP or we will cut ur funding kinda thing.

Dude, it has nothing to do with Activision (not EA). It has to do with Rabid Fan's rapidly !@#$%ing about how their taking to long and and fumbling around with systems to much; changing so much this late into development. Their trying to pick a firm direction and move in it. This game was "close to being done" months ago. Yet they've gone on to make very significant system changes since then. Its not about getting funding cut. This game has been made off WoW printed money. It's about trimming the fat, fixing errors, pulling useless ^-*! and getting the game out.
Edited by Ajint on 1/26/2012 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
I completely agree Ajint. specifically your Double Unwrapping a present aspect.
Reply Quote
If it gets the game released faster, sure go ahead, I'm all for it.
Reply Quote
With the companions being removed can we possibly change the way gold spews from objects. Running trough a dungeon gold seems to pop up and land behind me, especially noticeable when clicking on a body or tile . I having to stop and take a step back to grab it, it's kind of annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/26/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Ajint

Dude, it has nothing to do with Activision (not EA). It has to do with Rabid Fan's rapidly !@#$%ing about how their taking to long and and fumbling around with systems to much; changing so much this late into development. Their trying to pick a firm direction and move in it. This game was "close to being done" months ago. Yet they've gone on to make very significant system changes since then. Its not about getting funding cut. This game has been made off WoW printed money. It's about trimming the fat, fixing errors, pulling useless ^-*! and getting the game out.

I was using the EA thing as an analogy, and i know its not about funding, what i was trying to get at was the fact, yes Blizz always takes FOREVER to get a game out, an I have found my self many a time cursing their name for a lack of release date, but in the end its always a better game for it. It just feels like they might be compromising the awesomeness of the game just so the can appease the masses, which they have never concerned themselves about before. Also, yes they are making a lot of changes, and that's a good thing, make the best game as possible but now they are just cutting stuff instead of improving it, making it work just so they can get it out faster.
Reply Quote
But I wanted to make a male DH and name it Legolaz! How come this game isnt WoW? QQ...wanders off to go grind rep/brownie point/tokens/bottle caps...
Edited by Mortiviere on 1/26/2012 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
So glad to finally hear something, ANYTHING for that matter, about release.

+100000000000000000000000000
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]