i was like "hey, i can still have a rabbit"

BUT NOW...i feel despair...
followed by a thundering ANGER..
they know not what has been done...
as darkness descend's over Sanctuary..
there is no light...in my life..

a miserable pile of secrets.

(here's hoping if they do improve the system
for an albino vampire rabbit. that fits, right?)
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:37 AMPosted by D3BETA
Very happy about the removal of the Scroll of Companion. Thanks!
Reply Quote
+1

I used them because they were convenient... but I didn't like the way the felt with the current iteration. Thanks for both removing them as they were, and not trying to develop them before release.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Anyway, All i'm saying is that am I the only one who isnt fapping off over the worlds 'released date', like a 13y/old boy promiseda glance at his older brothers girl friends nipple and have actually taken a step back, wiped the !@#$ out of my eyes and saw that if Blizz is down right cutting stuff from the game (instead of working on it, improving it) just to push a release date, something at Blizz has changed, the Game Quality > getting the game out fast to make extra $$ has changed. Admittedly I haven't had my morning coffee and could be reading more into this as my caffeine blood levels drop and i feel a strong urge to be an %^-, it just don't seem like usual Blizz practices iv come to love and hate since WC1.

Edit: Really, I cant say another word for male seeds and bottom, /sigh, too PC blizz too PC
Edited by Shaidz on 1/26/2012 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since you removed a few "cutesy" things why not go the extra mile and give all the mobs a once over so they don't look they just got out of a car wash WITH the hot wax treatment. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I normally don't bother to post on the forums, but I felt the need to let Blizzard know that we greatly appreciate the update and the focus on getting the game to the public.
Thank you.
Reply Quote
+1 for focus on release. I think the companion mechanic has promise, but clearly needs a rework. :-) keep up the effort!

Edit: Did I miss something? WTF are Scrolls of Reforging?
Edited by D3BETA on 1/26/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
NOOOOO, you mean I have to pick up my own damn gold now? :(
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 11:12 AMPosted by FreeJack
You've got a LONG, long way to go to make me think there's anything cool about "pets" in a Diablo game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I really like the companion idea, but in the end I think blizzard is right it's just too underdeveloped. I'd like to see companions in the future become more of a permanent thing and possibly offer attribute bonuses and customizability and obviously naming them.

It'd just be too awesome to have a skeleton companion that picks up gold so you don't have to and gives you +1 skills or +10 int or something named Frank the damned.
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
and some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary.

NONSENSE! My piggy was as dark and gritty as they come and you took him away from me! I loved my piggy!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I can't remember how long a companion summon lasted for, but what if you increased the cooldown on the scroll so that you could only have your companion up 1/3 of the time. For instance, 30 min cooldown with a 10 min uptime. Or maybe you could make the companion take a percentage of all the gold it acquires.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

So there is actually a plan for releasing the game at some point. Cutting content to make a Date!!! Do I dare hope the game may have a release date soon?
Reply Quote
They took out the companions?! I LOVED THOSE GUYS! YOU BASTARDS!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]