Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

92 Draenei Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpbQZOEKsGI

'nuff said.
Reply Quote
So long Vorpal Bunny *Poof*
Reply Quote
be fun to have a minor pet familiar. that you can use white items to forge a lil armor for. and have minor abilities like " bite" or " rabies ", Eye gouge ..etc.. and also of the extra combative ability to have a kill shot when in battle.

killshot by squirrel !!
Reply Quote
Blizzard has always used this philosophy:

From System Changes by Jay Wilson:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4325959

While working on Diablo III we've been called out for messing around with systems too much, that the game is good as-is and we should just release it. I think that's a fair argument to make, but I also think it's incorrect. Our job isn't just to put out a game, it's to release the next Diablo game.

Then we find out that Steve Parker has been confined to quarters.

Now, this from Nethaera.

01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

This isn't just a rogue response from a flustered community manager; it's a blue-created thread with a stickey.

There's a word for this: mutiny! I feel like I'm watching Crimson Tide and I can't decide whether to stand with Captain Ramsey or join the mutiny myself.

I really want the game now, but I've always understood that the greatness of Blizzard games is due in large part to their "release-it-when-it's-ready" development philosophy. I agree that perfect is the enemy of good, but it needs to be way better than "good."

Is this some kind of test? Bashiok, what should we do?
Reply Quote
Sigh, I miss the scrolls of companion.
Reply Quote
As a dedicated pet collector (165 in WoW so far), I really was disapointed to see the scrolls of companions were gone. :( I really liked the cute little gold collectors! :)

But as I understand, they will return eventually in a new and improved way, so I guess I'll just have to stop sobbing and wait till they arrive again.

I never saw a Sroll of Reforging though... Must be insider-beta stuff.
Makes me curious...
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpbQZOEKsGI

'nuff said.
+1
Reply Quote
yay! good decision. add other stuff later. get realease asap.
Reply Quote
Now the only drops from bookshelves are the occasional potion or small gold pile, bookshelves = UP
Reply Quote
At least they are stating the fact that they are holding back a few things and working on a "release date", which are the best words of heard about this game seeing as not having a beta key yet. Hopefully the date and system requirements come out soon so i can go purchase a new comp lmao!
Reply Quote
It's about time the dev team woke up and realized those little pets belong in cutesy WoW...not as sidekicks when fighting the forces of hell.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
OMG have been waiting too long for this game! so keen
Reply Quote
If means the release is closer, you will have more content for an expansion, and the economy will suffer less, w00t. Win, win win!
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Littlerogue
I made a twitter/facebook and entered every sweepstake i could and have never won anything in my life. This is all i want cuz im sooo borred of every game and diablo is my child hood best game ever!

your username should be LittleKid because thats what you just sounded like, a little kid.
Reply Quote
Well, I'm glad to hear the companion scrolls are still on the table so to speak. I'll happily wait on them if it means making them better and a lot more interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]