Diablo® III

Diablo 3 release date discussion

90 Troll Druid
Okay so some people are saying that blizzard still aren't completely finished finalizing d3 so thats why they arent releasing it yet or sending out a release date.. this is partly true but the main reason they aren't releasing it yet is because of a simple fact of that they dont want to yet. this is because of WoW problems.. ever since the release of Cata.. many fans have been anoyed of the random storylines that werent seen in the actually warcraft story.. so people are starting to stop playing wow and MoP is going to completely destroy it.. on purpose. WoW is the reason blizzard games are never dissappointing. most games are usually budgeted for money issues, but through WoW blizzard basically have a hugeeee budget to work with meaning more graphics,better graphics and more to work with.. but there money has been mostly chewed up through production of D3 so therefore they are doing things to gain more money as they know their main money sorce is expiring. they are doing this by giving out anual passes for d3 purchasing. thehy are trying to get people to play WoW again until they release d3 and there new rpg "project titan" so there u have it. they are waiting for more money to go in as if they release d3 now .. no one will purchase the anual passes. anyway d3 will be coming out early march. there u have it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
also anyone know how to get the d3 beta??? do u have to pay anything?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
i love how everyone says "their just waiting till wow dies lol" "they losing money derp"
the fact is at least 8 million people still play wow, all of which pay $15 a month + all the transaction fees (character transfers/ race change) + vanity items that is a !@#$load of money and I doubt they would be able to spend it all on the one game. the diablo dev team is actually really small they don't have many people to pay.

why would they hold off the release of they game if they want more money, if they needed more money they would release the game immediately because d3 will sell millions of copies.

as for diablo in early march probably not. making the game go gold (which means finalizing the runestone system), getting the discs made, shipping the discs out and getting servers ready will be a 2 month process. I expect the game to be out late april early june
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
as u said.. 8 million people still play wow.. down from 11 million 2 years ago. and i said why they are waiting to release it.. the anual passes. people are still buying them meaning they are not going to just release it if they are still making decent money from it.. they have been making finalizations since mid december last year. so thats why i say march 3rd aprox is the release.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
01/26/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Bushhpig
Okay so some people are saying that blizzard still aren't completely finished finalizing d3 so thats why they arent releasing it yet or sending out a release date.. this is partly true but the main reason they aren't releasing it yet is because of a simple fact of that they dont want to yet. this is because of WoW problems.. ever since the release of Cata.. many fans have been anoyed of the random storylines that werent seen in the actually warcraft story.. so people are starting to stop playing wow and MoP is going to completely destroy it.. on purpose. WoW is the reason blizzard games are never dissappointing. most games are usually budgeted for money issues, but through WoW blizzard basically have a hugeeee budget to work with meaning more graphics,better graphics and more to work with.. but there money has been mostly chewed up through production of D3 so therefore they are doing things to gain more money as they know their main money sorce is expiring. they are doing this by giving out anual passes for d3 purchasing. thehy are trying to get people to play WoW again until they release d3 and there new rpg "project titan" so there u have it. they are waiting for more money to go in as if they release d3 now .. no one will purchase the anual passes. anyway d3 will be coming out early march. there u have it

If you really think that Blizz has a game that is ready to ship at this very moment, but does not want to. I wonder how good that would go over with the bean counting investors. Also Blizz loves money. The longer in development the more money they spend the less they make with D3 really brilliant.

Also D3 has nothing to do with WoW. That is a totally separate game, every expansion that has come out of the gate has been toted as the expansion that will kill WoW. But it has never happened. So MoP is not likely to kill WoW. So you really think that Blizz has said okay guys we want to kill WoW a P2P game, when you had 12 million subs. Which is making us over 2 billion a year.

In a meeting they say we hate making money and we do not want to be in business anymore. So what we will do is kill our cash cow, even though Titan is not out yet. There is no news on it yet so there is no way to know if it would be able to replace WoW as the next cash cow. So we will be doing what we can to make players hate playing WoW. We will not be happy until we have zero players in our game.

That is highly unlikely to happen to begin with.

Now if you doubt me about the fact that every expansion that has come out has been expected by someone to kill WoW. Then just ask others players they will tell you better than I can that this is true.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/26/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Bushhpig
also anyone know how to get the d3 beta??? do u have to pay anything?

Your first unborn child...
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
In all the commercials recently from WoW they claim 12 million people play WoW, but this could be inaccurate. Apparently they lost something like 2 million people this year. But that also doesn't account for the 1.2 million they gained when Cata came out.

This is quite obviously a troll, unintentional or not.

However, the idea that they need 2 months to get the game released after it's finalized is wrong. They need about 2 weeks. It doesn't take that long to stamp the discs, and print up the manuals, all that is done in production factories owned by other companies that do that sort of thing, and do it often. I can see the servers taking a bit to get online, but that's supposed to be what the beta is about is testing the servers. At least the NA one is already set up, just doesn't contain the full game. If they ship the game, then work on the servers they could get them all shipped and the servers set up in under a month. I can even see 2 weeks being a good number.

This of course has no real bearing on how long it will be between the announcement of a release date, and the release date, it could still be 2 months, but most likely if it is, it won't be because it takes 2 months to get the product out, it will be because it will be another 2 weeks until they are actually done, and then getting the product out, with a bit of time for delays caused by shipping and other such factors like typos in the manuals and such.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I would just like to point out... The Annualpass is only good for certain people. its not like anyone can just buy it. you do need to have certain reqs. i have all of them and i cant even get the pass. so therefore they aren't really money hungry. the main reason they're waiting is because from January 1 - I'd say around mid May is when most games are getting released on the PC. They have stated that they could release whenever they wanted to but they are simply try to work all the bugs out so they don't have impatient trolls getting mad because of glitches or bugs in the programming or game-play. thus being said i predict they will release a date in mid feb. and most likely release in april.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
$120,000,000
Thats the monthly pay Blizzard recieves from "8 Million" subscribers a month. *note including services* Wow only costs about 500,000 a year to keep running and pay all their GMs and Engineers. Not to mention initial sales from cata. so take 30. and multiply by 8 million. also take into consideration the people who just bought the entire game with all expansions recently. which was estimate at around 1million in the US and EU alone.
Reply Quote
63 Human Priest
Wow fell and cant get up and until it fixes wow w/ a "mists of pandaria" lifecall device there is no way they would release a cannibul like diablo3. When d3 comes out I wont be paying 15$ a month for wow and I doubt I'm the only one.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
$120,000,000
Thats the monthly pay Blizzard recieves from "8 Million" subscribers a month. *note including services* Wow only costs about 500,000 a year to keep running and pay all their GMs and Engineers. Not to mention initial sales from cata. so take 30. and multiply by 8 million. also take into consideration the people who just bought the entire game with all expansions recently. which was estimate at around 1million in the US and EU alone.

WoW costs 134,000 a day to keep running, get your facts straight.
Reply Quote
Even if the number of WoW players go down it won't effect the release of Diablo at all.
All this conspiracy theory talk is stupid.

Blizzard isn't some weird company with evil plans ,perhaps you spend a little to much time on this forum.
Reply Quote
Go to the Beta Bug Forum and you will get an understanding of why it isn't released yet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
mhmm wateva i just want it to come out already lol.. their schedule said december last year it wwas aimed to be released...
Reply Quote
i agree totally
release it now and let us sort it out :)
Reply Quote
It's not anytime soon. Yesterday they patched the game to help with some server crashes. The server was supposed to be up and running about 1:30pm PST but eventually ended up being pushed back another 5 hours for some reason. Right now the beta was completely playable without any bugs its just making sure that their servers are going to be ready for the volume of people.

The beta is so amazingly easy you won't have to even use a healing potion to beat it and its almost impossible to die. You can beat the entire beat in about an hour to an hour and a half.
Reply Quote
You also have to remember that blizzard will be making money periodically with D3 through the RMAH. A small fraction of the sale goes to blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]