Diablo® III

My build, criticism welcome.

90 Undead Priest
Hello all,

So I was meddling with the skill calculator and came up with this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aeSPhd!hcd!YYbZYb

Things to know, I intend to focus on PvE play with my cousin, whom will be playing as a barb.

When I made the build, I wanted to focus on two things: (1) Control; and (2) AoE damage.

I admit I'm fairly new with the builds so if there is anything missing or obviously wrong please let me know and explain why your choice is better.

Thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
that is a pretty good build, for cluster shot i reccomend using the black bomb rune. and for passive i reccomend the brooding ability to generate more health. hungering arrow is good for the beggining lvls but i think that grenades would be rly helpful because when fighting alot of mobs at once grenades and multishot together would do more aoe dps than hungering arrow and by the looks of the game i think aoe is a realy big part of it. this is just my opinion and for the most part ur build is pretty good
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/29/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Deadslayer
that is a pretty good build, for cluster shot i reccomend using the black bomb rune. and for passive i reccomend the brooding ability to generate more health. hungering arrow is good for the beggining lvls but i think that grenades would be rly helpful because when fighting alot of mobs at once grenades and multishot together would do more aoe dps than hungering arrow and by the looks of the game i think aoe is a realy big part of it. this is just my opinion and for the most part ur build is pretty good

Thank you,

I thought about the bomb rune, but I imagined that I wouldn't be standing still very long let alone in a straight line to get the full effect so I opted for more upfront damage.

I do think you're right about the grenades though. I imagine in the higher levels I would switch out, I was just thinking that by spamming hungering arrow they would break apart which in turn could pierce and break apart again etc etc... and deal more damage that way. I doubt that's how the mechanic works and it'll only break apart once. If so, then the grenades are definately a solid choice.

As for brooding, I figured I would just avoid taking damage with vault. It's my only discipline ability and I have the cost reduced just so I can get away from any bad situation completely. However, I do really like the health regen idea just in case I do get hit.

That said, I still have to play with the mechanics to see if what I think is true or not so it's great feedback and I appreciate it. :)
Reply Quote
I think you could replace hungering arrow with almost anything. Its not going to be doing much damage. Also think if you're going with Cull the weak, you'd want more slows.

This is mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eXVSbU!dcV!ZbZYca
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]