Diablo® III

Bulletproof Monk Build

85 Orc Warrior
Not sure whether this build would be viable, but I'm really liking the idea of a defensive style monk that uses high dodge % and armor to avoid incoming damage while still dealing having some CC and "Oh $h!t" buttons.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eUZdQb!YZX!caaccc

Basic strategy is this:

1. Dashing strike to enter combat with extra dodge (obsidian). Used often to keep this dodge at it's highest while moving around and getting into or out of the fray - primary spirit user.

2. Crippling wave for groups and damage mitigation (obsidian), exploding palm for single target and collateral damage (alabaster).

3. Mystic ally for an extra target to be attacked other than myself +50% health pool / taunt (obsidian)

4. Blinding flash with alabaster for overwhelming moments.

5. Mantra of Evasion with Armor upgrade as icing on the cake.

Let me know what you guys think. This could be an end-game viable build in my opinion, focusing primarily on staying alive rather than dishing damage out asap.
Reply Quote
I think you should swap Exploding Palm out for a more single-target oriented skill; Crippling Wave is solid AoE by itself and your build is otherwise crowded trying to meet your objective of all the defense ever.

I recommend Fists of Thunder (which attacks fastest of all the spirit builders) or Way of the Hundred Fists (which I'm pretty sure just has good DPS). You could go Alabaster Fists of Thunder for even more absurd defense.
Reply Quote
Great Shadowfist card.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]