Diablo® III

Dual Wielding Hand Crossbows Pointless?

So what Korba is saying:

By wielding 2 crossbows, it does not give 2x the speed, it gives a 15% speed boost? This makes sense though considering that you can't fire/reload at the same time irl :P
Reply Quote
So what Korba is saying:

By wielding 2 crossbows, it does not give 2x the speed, it gives a 15% speed boost? This makes sense though considering that you can't fire/reload at the same time irl :P

well, it does/doesn't make sense, really,
i mean irl is irrelevant anyway with fantasy, it is just the way it is.

when you have two semi auto weapons... simply fire them both, and you make 200%. blizz didn't make it that simple probably due to resource generation... or bc they didnt like a different set of animation loops at 4+ aps; it is not enough time for the girl DH to get the cool poses out :)
Edited by D3BETA on 2/4/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its not really pointless, if both crossbows have desirable stats/DPS its a win-win.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see a little more difference in attack speed when using dual crossbows. 15% of 1.6 dosen't seem to do enough for me. I wanted bows/crossbows to be big/regular hitters and dual crossbows to be machine guns. I would have like 2 times the attaks at a scaled rate better than the current implementation I think.
Reply Quote
Especially considering that it seems that the Demon hunter hits the weakest. Havinf the higher attack speed while dual wielding would make up for it.

I might be a little ignorant but it seems to take alot more hits to kill things with the Demon hunter compared to the other characters.
Reply Quote
02/05/2012 12:31 PMPosted by D3BETA
I'd like to see a little more difference in attack speed when using dual crossbows. 15% of 1.6 dosen't seem to do enough for me.

15% does seem arbitrary, I can't figure any maths involved to come to a reasonable conclusion as to why it was decided

regardless of speed 15% is the effective increase, it therefore also increase hatred regen by 15% when firing. the only other benefit to remember is dual wielding (in beta) will grant up to another 7%ias, as well as ~40 dex if you can roll a pair of good Journeyman Slingshots.

okay so
(bonus Dex/initial Dex) + 7 ias + 15%APS + 15% hatred regen
however, if I find a 2-h that has dps > ~130% of my best 1 hander, then I'm probably using the 2H
Reply Quote
as you get better crossbows, they attack much faster. also, your dps affects your skills damage, so if anything dual-wield for that
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Rogue
Cliff Notes...
Use a 1hander + quiver until you can find another 1hander that raises your dps more than the quiver does?
Reply Quote
Confirmation of the 15% bonus for dual-wielding both in the Diablo Wiki (http://www.diablowiki.net/Dual_wield) and on the Click to Loot website (http://www.clicktoloot.com/p/combat.html).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]