Diablo® III

D3 still needs quite a bit more work

02/03/2012 02:06 PMPosted by nitoo
wow... reading some of the replies to the original poster makes me think this whole world depopulation thing isnt such a bad idea after all.

Oh, you too ? It's pretty !@#$in sad, isn't it ?

I see retarded people, everywhere.

You should avoid hanging out in a house made of mirrors than! Ooooh I so went there! I am only joking of course.

Soda, you could easily have broken up thread up like this; there are problems with the game, they should be fixed, give Blizzard time. I pretty much summarized your entire post with those three lines.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, Soda.

I've seen them state before that they only add in what they need to test on stressed servers. If they spent time making sure the beta was up to date all the time, that would just put them further behind.

I do not believe you have 15 years experience.
Reply Quote
I specifically check this forum every once in a while looking to read a post like Soda's. An intelligent post written by someone who is in the beta that gives a general idea of where the game lies at the moment. I honestly cannot read most of the mindless crap that gets posted on this forum.
This young generation of video gamers is the most self-entitled, arrogant, and ....

You know what never mind.

SODA YOU SUCK.

Reply Quote
I specifically check this forum every once in a while looking to read a post like Soda's. An intelligent post written by someone who is in the beta that gives a general idea of where the game lies at the moment. I honestly cannot read most of the mindless crap that gets posted on this forum. This young generation of video gamers is the most self-entitled, arrogant, and ....You know what never mind. SODA YOU SUCK.

I lold
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 02:03 PMPosted by D3BETA
Let me guess: most of you who are trying to bite my head off did not read either one of my posts. Sigh...

I don't think that's what people are getting at. The beta build you are playing is behind Blizzards internal build. Most of things you have described have been discussed already on the Beta Feedback forum.

Also, do you really think they are testing different mechanics rather then stress testing a server when they invited you and apparently half this forum?

THEY BE STRESSING THE SERVERS DOOD!
Reply Quote
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, Soda.

I've seen them state before that they only add in what they need to test on stressed servers. If they spent time making sure the beta was up to date all the time, that would just put them further behind.

I do not believe you have 15 years experience.

Do you even know what causes a stress on a server? Read my posts first, and then you might get a feeling for it.

D3 is very similar in mechanism to FPS games, such as Battlefield 3. Its servers not only track your movements, but also damages dealt/received, items dropped/acquired/discarded, etc. Receiving, processing, and responding to those place stress on the servers. As long as those mechanisms are there, simply increasing the number of participants would suffice for stress testing purposes.

Did you think salvaging in town rather than in the field can possibly create noticeable changes in stress levels on the servers? What about merging the details panel with the inventory panel? How about the removal of companions? If stress test is the only thing Blizzard cared about, they would not even bother updating the beta with non-stress altering features. The initial beta was already enough for a pretty descent estimation on stress handling capabilities of their servers. Adding more participants was the only missing piece.

I also never said stress testing is not a major part of the beta. With the new wave of invites, it clearly is. But just because one purpose is more significant than the other does not exclude the existence of other purposes.

You ask me where I got my information from. Why don't you read my posts and see? Based on my experience in the field, I find my assumptions reasonable. I even admitted I could be wrong, albeit doubtful. You don't have to believe me, nor would I care. I put that in there, along with supporting evidence, so that if someone who is knowledgeable about software development comes along, they will be able to see that my understanding of software development is solid, my assumptions are reasonable, and I may have a valid point with this post.

Listen, kid, go take a class or two on programming and reread what I wrote on software development cycles. Maybe it will make more sense then. Until then, flame away, as this post is way beyond your ability to comprehend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]