Diablo® III

Rush!!!

Go Go Go! Rush rush rush!

This has been my entire co-op experience in the beta. People rushing through the content so fast Diablo's head would be spinning. Players join games without speaking, and will not respond when spoken to. Its at the point where some players run past monsters to reach the end quest faster....

Why are people doing this?

Doesn't seem like a great way to test the game.

For example, I wanted to test and see if the player revive mechanic actually worked. Ended up having to join 8 different games, before someone would even respond to my messages about trading deaths and testing it out.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
It doesn't help that the same small chatbox used to talk to other players is also used to tell me about every single piece of NPC dialogue, item pickup, and salvage result.
Reply Quote
I'm doing first playthrough solo maybe even second playthrough
so i can suck up the atmosphere and "check for spelling mistakes"

I noticed theres a minor glitch with one of the "diary" tomes that appears in cains
house, after you read them all it keeps reappearing. when you touch it
it disappears doing nothing. no harm done.

I intend to activate pretty much everything and scout most areas fully
and read every line of dialog I can at least on first run or two.
Reply Quote
don't co-op with strangers and expect to do what you want

co-op with friends

I'm not asking for advise on how to play the game.

I'm asking why other people are rushing through the beta.
Reply Quote
I hate this too, it's so frustrating. If you want to play at a more enjoyable pace, add me.

SignumCaedes#1917
Reply Quote
don't co-op with strangers and expect to do what you want

co-op with friends

But Cain told me I have no friends.
Reply Quote
People are so excited to play they don't care. I wish I was one of those people. You know...one of the people that have the beta. lulz
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Sherana
It doesn't help that the same small chatbox used to talk to other players is also used to tell me about every single piece of NPC dialogue, item pickup, and salvage result.
Reply Quote
Amulets are in beta but only drop from the scripted skeletons right before SK. Also, rushing SK is the fastest way to grind out the last two levels. People are just playing the beta end-game like it's end-game.
Reply Quote
Most of those are probably people who have cleared through the beta a dozen or more times, to the point that their beta play consists of mindless zerging.
Reply Quote
Sounds like the same people who were in the Random Dungeon Finder in World of Warcraft =/
Reply Quote
View profile
A lot of the people your playing with could of already beaten the beta once and are now just leveling characters for the higher rare drop chance on SK first kills. Plus this is NORMAL mode. Monsters wont be hard to where people can't just go off and solo in a 4 player game.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Sherana
This has bothered me quite a bit in beta.
I can't even see my own text when I speak to others. I think it would be good if the text was color coded and we were able to change the color coding to our liking. I'd prefer npc chat be grey, player chat green, dungeon warnings red, and vendoring/crafting either white or yellow
Reply Quote
It's because after your first run through the beta becomes easy, plus there's no drop incentives to take your time with the enemies. Keep it mind that you're out leveling the monsters by level 10 and that in the normal game you'll have moved on to the rest of Act 1.
Reply Quote
I'm down for shenanigans also, feel free to add me if you want to test something or just play at a relaxed pace.

Atom#1208
Reply Quote
These are going to be the same nerds that rush to level 60 and then flood the Auction House.
Reply Quote
I was spamming voice emotes the whole time and I didn't even get so much as a single voice emote back. Not a single line of text was spoken, either. In multiple games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]