Diablo® III

3D D3 anyone tried this?

looking for feedback on the diablo 3 3D im considering buying a 3d monitor also any suggestions? preparing for some D3 release :)
Reply Quote
3D is kinda a flop. My dad bought a 55" LED 3d tv and I played 3d Starcraft on it.. Was about as entertaining as 3d movies (not worth the money). Games are meant to be played at any given time longer than you should stare at something in what is considered "3d". Its really bad for your eyes and its not too impressive.

If d3 offers this it will most likely be just as disappointing.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 11:59 AMPosted by DinoX
i dont see d3 having much to offer in terms of 3d effects

have you seen what happens when you kill a monster with a crit? i think it may be worth it, but looking for someone who has played it in 3d i want feedback!!!

3D is kinda a flop. My dad bought a 55" LED 3d tv and I played 3d Starcraft on it.. Was about as entertaining as 3d movies (not worth the money). Games are meant to be played at any given time longer than you should stare at something in what is considered "3d". Its really bad for your eyes and its not too impressive.

If d3 offers this it will most likely be just as disappointing.

55" .... you'd have to be like 6 feet away to even get the proper effect of 3D and 55" is over kill for monitor
Edited by jjordanpope on 2/3/2012 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
a first person or third person that isnt from a birds eye view would be better for 3d effects

d3's style and environment is just too far away to have a "whoa" effect

have you seen it first hand?
Reply Quote
I've played it in 3D, and I can honestly say that it's one of the most enjoyable 3D games ever. Contrary to what people are saying in this thread, the view and style of the game are actually PERFECT for 3D.

Try playing the barbarian and smashing a group of zombies that literally come flying out of your screen. The tree's and buildings and tall pillars look AMAZING in 3D. The detail really pops, and the effect is very strong. I highly recommend it.
Reply Quote
3D isn't a "Flop"

Everything should become 3D Standard. It shouldn't even be something that "flops" or something that's a feature. It should just be understood.

With that being said, we need to get rid of the glasses.
Reply Quote
I've played it in 3D, and I can honestly say that it's one of the most enjoyable 3D games ever. Contrary to what people are saying in this thread, the view and style of the game are actually PERFECT for 3D.

Try playing the barbarian and smashing a group of zombies that literally come flying out of your screen. The tree's and buildings and tall pillars look AMAZING in 3D. The detail really pops, and the effect is very strong. I highly recommend it.

this is exactly what iwanted to hear! SOLD!
Reply Quote
I just got an Alienware OptxAW2310 120hz monitor and I got the NVIDIA 3D vision, and I have to say the game is AWESOME in 3D!!! the only drawback is when you use 3D when items drop there tags are in the foreground and kinda throw your vision off... it would be better if the name tags where in the background when items and gold dropped
Reply Quote
3D isn't a "Flop"

Everything should become 3D Standard. It shouldn't even be something that "flops" or something that's a feature. It should just be understood.

Unless they make passive 3D without glasses no one wants it to be standard, we'll end up being blind at 20 years old if we watch 3D content everyday for long periods.
Reply Quote
I've been playing games in 3d ever since 3d vision came out, and isometric view games are some of the best games to play in 3D, all these people saying it's not worth it have not tried or are basing their opinions off 3d movies, first of all 3d movies barely have any 3d effect, with 3d gaming you have full control of the 3d effect, you can adjust depth and convergence to your liking.
so D3 in 3D, is insane, imagine the ground at screen level, and everything that is higher then the ground out of the screen over your desk, you literally have gibs fly out of the screen when you blow monsters up, the holes in the ground or high elevations actually give you vertigo effect, the clouds/fog look nice, you literally looking thru the clouds onto the playing field, it's just like being there, and everything has way more detail, you simply knowtice all the tiny little details everywhere that you would never knowtice when playing in 2D, yep game is awesome in 3D, there are some annoyances which blizzard could easily fix, such as the cursor is in 2d, monster tags in 2d, also shadows render wrong, these are simple fixes hopefully blizzard fixes it
Edited by D3BETA on 2/3/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
02/03/2012 09:25 PMPosted by D3BETA
we'll end up being blind at 20 years old if we watch 3D content everyday for long periods.

Why is it that you think that? Normal, hunter-gatherer type use of your eyes entails focusing at different distances constantly. It's suggested that people that focus on the same plane for long periods (e.g., computer screens) regularly spend time focusing on objects further away for a bit, to reduce eye strain.

I'm not an eye doctor but doesn't this suggest that 3D gaming might be *better* for your eyesight over time? Or is there some specific eyestrain associated with 3D that I'm not aware of?
Reply Quote
3D isn't a "Flop"

Unless they make passive 3D without glasses no one wants it to be standard, we'll end up being blind at 20 years old if we watch 3D content everyday for long periods.

Source?
Reply Quote
3d without glasses is coming soon.

ima hold off
Reply Quote
been playing the beta in 3d for a while, best part is when you have to dodge the gibs when enemies blow up cause they come flying out of the screen and feel like they're gonna hit you in the eye.
but the shadows are completely borked, they render fine outdoors, but once you step foot in a dungeon shadows render wrong, meaning the shadow gets detached from the character and you get 2 seperate shadows on the left and right side of your character a couple of feet away, same goes for enemies, when there are many enemies and each gets their own 2 shadows, all of a sudden the screen get's flooded with out of place shadows flying around in 2D, the only solution is to turn of shadows completely, it's so annoying, hopefully blizzard will fix this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]