Diablo® III

ATI driver crash, unable to start game.

Hey guys. a wierd bug non-issue issue.

So I went to work left my friend playing LoL on my PC he said something crashed and he thinks it said AIT (ATI I'm sure) But he restarted the game and everything went fine and what not. So I got home and of course immediately tried to start up D3 since I just got in yesterday.So every time the game was about to start and my screen flashed the game would crashe on me. The laast things I did on the game was change the settings from FS to windowed in FS mode.

I tried a few things like starting as admin and trying the launcher and exe a few different times, even deleted the sharpen+darken mod thinking that might've been it. Nothing was working for me, so I tried Alt+Entering as soon as the screen flashed and Viola! game screen popped up and I was golden. I reproduced it a few times and it would crash if I didn't Atl+Enter but it would launch normally if I did.

So even though it worked I remembered he said something about AIT crashing (he's not a tech person but lol AIT :D) so I restarted my PC and the problem went away completely and I didn't have to Alt+Enter every time to start the game.

Now the reason I make this thread is I'm assuming Blizz got a few garbage crash reports from me and wanted to make sure not too much time was wasted looking at those reports. Anyways this was (I believe) the last crash report ID64C99342-97EE-4F83-9AD6-593ACCBC3AFF and by looking at the log folder it crashed about 20 times as I was testing and and reproducing both the problems and my temp fix for whatever crashed.

Anyways, thanks for reading and thanks for the Beta :)
Edited by Junkboy on 2/3/2012 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]