Diablo® III

Biggest issue with the beta by far

Life regen per second is obnoxiously overpowered. Only so many monster can hit you at once, and with just three regen items I was able to endlessly fight the skeleton king without attacking him.

I would just leave my computer sometimes and come back to a dozen mobs beating on me in any of the dungeons.

It's completely overpowered.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It is going to less and less powerful as you advance through the difficulties... or at least i suspect it will. Beta only covers the first third of the first act. So what you are basically saying is you dont die in the first 1 hour of the game.. thus something must be broken OP
Reply Quote
You don't need regen items. Monsters drop hp regen and my hp never went below 70%.
Reply Quote
View profile
3 hp regen per second is going to be somewhat worthless later on when you've got about 30,000 HP instead of 300.
Reply Quote
I had 3 items with regen per second
Reply Quote
Getting the achievement for reviving people is SO HARD!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
It's nothing compared to life gained per spirit spent, which is on some Monk items.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
It's the first third of the first act.

Everything feels overpowered.

I could have just not used any skills and still beat the skeleton king. It's SUPPOSED to be super easy at that level.

I guarantee at higher levels health regen will be a garbage stat though.
Reply Quote
25 Human Paladin
My major issue is the lack of testable content. Just not enough to get a real feel for how the game is going to play out.
Reply Quote
So what you are basically saying is you dont die in the first 1 hour of the game.. thus something must be broken.

Pretty dangerous assumption if you ask me. Take a look around. The world we live in promotes ease of use.

Believe it or not, in Diablo 2, most characters minus a necro liquidated their potion stock when they tried to solo blood raven for the first time. (which may or may not be the Skeleton King equivalent). Taking it one step further, most characters cannot even kill Duriel if you didn't stop to level and obtain gear.

There is no doubt in my mind that the difficulty level of this game has been thumbed down just like any other game that was made in the last decade.

Bring me back to the 90s when games were actually tough and people got mad that they couldn't beat them. Those were also the days when people actually bought the game guides that gamestop sold (haha).

This is clearly a generational issue we have. Almost motivates me to apply and work for these companies. Almost..
Edited by Nabore on 2/3/2012 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have to agree with playing through the beta for the first time the health regen/ orbs boosted you way to much. Hopefully later on they become as someone stated less useful and overpowering. You kinda feel like god walking through the skeleton king spamming one key the entire game never dropping below 80%. Again not enough content to really get the feel of it so i trust blizzard will have it tweaked out more as you level.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Nabore
So what you are basically saying is you dont die in the first 1 hour of the game.. thus something must be broken.

Believe it or not, in Diablo 2, most characters minus a necro liquidated their potion stock when they tried to solo blood raven for the first time. (which may or may not be the Skeleton King equivalent). Taking it one step further, most characters cannot even kill Duriel if you didn't stop to level and obtain gear.

....I have played countless characters since release of D2. No. No character ever spammed potions killing Blood Raven. Blood raven has been a joke to kill since day 1.
Reply Quote
Everything is ridiculously OP within the context of the Beta. You can literally one shot, AOE everything once you hit lvl 10.
Reply Quote
just wait for the harder levels? Normal mode in diablo 2 was kinda a joke too. maybe I stuck around too much or something but I was always lvl 30-35 by the time I got to diablo and he was a walk in the park for the most part.

diablo hell mode, not so much...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Pretty dangerous assumption if you ask me. Take a look around. The world we live in promotes ease of use.

There is no doubt in my mind that the difficulty level of this game has been thumbed down just like any other game that was made in the last decade.

Bring me back to the 90s when games were actually tough and people got mad that they couldn't beat them. Those were also the days when people actually bought the game guides that gamestop sold (haha).

This is clearly a generational issue we have. Almost motivates me to apply and work for these companies. Almost..

Because a perfectly designed mechanics system has you chugging potions to survive the first mini-boss? I'm looking around your post here... nope, I don't see a point. :\

They've already stated that the entirety of normal is meant to not be hard. You'll get your !@# handed to you occasionally in nightmare, regularly in hell, and constantly in Inferno. Don't judge a game's difficulty by the intro, that'd be a serious mistake.
Reply Quote
i agree that not dieing in the beta seems kind of stupid, i have yet to die to anything and i have been trying to aggro as much as i possibly can and still being successful

blizzard needs to scale the difficulty level way up again; back to diablo 1 days, when you could die on the first level if you aggroed too much or attacked a barrel at low health and it explodes and kills your character
Edited by Executor on 2/3/2012 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/03/2012 01:16 PMPosted by D3BETA
Everything is ridiculously OP within the context of the Beta. You can literally one shot, AOE everything once you hit lvl 10.

So you can one-shot things that you out gear and out level? Sounds like a well designed RPG. I'd hate to think that after levelling and gearing up I couldn't kill enemies far beneath me with ease.
Reply Quote
most characters minus a necro liquidated their potion stock when they tried to solo blood raven for the first time

What? No.

D2 and D1 were both as ridiculously easy at the start as D3 is.
Reply Quote
Interesting and all, but I don't think they need feedback on the balance of the first section of the first act on the easiest difficulty. This part of the game is obviously going to be a breeze for everyone, so overpowered doesn't come into play.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]