Diablo® III

Beta Impressions - Never played D1/D2

I was lucky enough to be invited into beta with the last rash of invites, and just wanted share my thoughts from the perspective of a long time PC gamer who never played D1 or D2.

Diablo III beta is incredibly addictive and fun to play. The beta leaves you feeling like you've just scratched the surface of what the game has to offer, and keeps you coming back for more. It's brief but enough to show me that it should indeed live up to my own expectations.

Sure there are some tweaks I'd like to see between now and launch and testing out how the rune system works would be nice, but overall I feel that the beta indicates the game is probably closer to release than the what the chatter in the forums indicate.

These forums are unbelievably negative and so overly critical, partially because in my opinion, the expectations have been set so unreasonably high for those who played D1/D2.

Guys, sometimes, in life, the magic of our early experiences just can't be recreated because we're different people years later when we try to relive them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]