Diablo® III

A Quick Question About When D3 is Released

100 Draenei Shaman
I was wondering if when the game went live, would I have to download a whole new version of D3 or will it just update my beta client? I have never had the opportunity to do a beta test until D3 so I am unsure how this works.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'm wondering this too.

I hope it will be able to just patch the Beta client over to be usable for release, as downloading the client for Beta took me 30+ hours (slow internet connection).

I would guess the final release client will be at least 3-4x larger, so yeah...
I am one of those who REALLY hope and pray it will be patchable.
Reply Quote
View profile
It will "probably" require a full download of the game. But I believe that they put the download up a couple of days before release, so you should be good to go on release date.

Of course, you could just use the physical game disc to do it in a fraction of the time.
Reply Quote
It will "probably" require a full download of the game. But I believe that they put the download up a couple of days before release, so you should be good to go on release date.

Of course, you could just use the physical game disc to do it in a fraction of the time.
This guy.
Reply Quote
yes you will need a new download... :)
Reply Quote
i'm def getting a physical version of this game. No reason not to when it's connected to an account anyways, no downside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]