Diablo® III

Wow D2 is outdated

After watching a lot of beta videos, I was feeling nostalgic so I installed D2/LoD. I haven't played in ages. But though I had so much fun playing in the past, I can't bring myself to. After playing so many games that actually try my system (quad 3.0, GTX460 Cyclone, etc), the graphics are just to dated to me. My eyes almost started bleeding, I think! Doesn't help that I'm projecting 800x600 on a 110" screen.

Almost right away, it also reminded me of a song that you've just heard so much that it doesn't matter how much you used to like it - it's just played out for you.

I wish they'd release the creation kit for skyrim so I had an interesting game to play. Or better yet, D3 ... hah!

Reply Quote
It's still fun though! I have some US East ladder chars active for LoD.
Reply Quote
its not the graphics that count... i suppose it would suck for you since your such a pimp player with all that fancy gear you got going thar but for me its still amazing on my beautiful 27inch samsung haha
Reply Quote
I just re-installed it, playing it on a 50" plasma TV, and I still think the game is wonderful. Made me wonder why I haven't been playing it for the last few years. Then I joined a cow level game and was getting spammed every 30 seconds with ads...

But then I went even more back to basics, started a hardcore character on single player.
Edited by RxMaGnEtZ on 2/3/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 02:12 PMPosted by D3BETA
It's still fun though!

Still very fun.

Go make a hardcore character for a change if you never have.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
02/03/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Nastydude
It's still fun though!

Still very fun.

Go make a hardcore character for a change if you never have.

Yeah, that's a pretty good way to get rid of the "fun" problem. ;-)
Reply Quote
I played it to death for years (like most of us I'm sure), and then played in on and off since. I have a few active characters now that was playing very often until I got into the beta. Sure, it's graphics are pretty old school, but the game is still fun!

Only real downside is how public games are now. Bots running everything, ads everywhere, etc. At least you can avoid that just by playing small, private games if you wish.
Reply Quote
I played the crap out of D2. Ahh.. high school..
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Manso

QFT
Reply Quote
I did the same thing with SC1 and SC2! Was horrible.
Reply Quote
110" screen would stretch the pixels out so much you wouldn't know what the hell was going on. That might be your problem there... Anything over 32" is overdoing it when it comes to gaming.
Reply Quote
I feel the same way. I can't bring myself to play it anymore. Especially after playing D3 all the time.

02/03/2012 07:54 PMPosted by D3BETA
Minecrafts graphics suck. Does that make it a horrible game?

I'm my opinion, yes. I can't stand that "game." I don't get the obsession with it.
Reply Quote

I'm my opinion, yes. I can't stand that "game." I don't get the obsession with it.

Me either.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Manso

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]