Diablo® III

Wow D2 is outdated

It's hard to go back to after playing the beta, but it's hard to keep playing the beta with limited content. God, I can't wait for this game to come out. It's gonna suck away my life, but I don't care! :)
Reply Quote
It wasn't just that graphics are older. It's that in addition to knowledge. I've never been a PvP type except when I played SWG (ick). I think maybe it is more that I just played it to death, or a combination of that with the graphics. When you know what to do (as far as PvE) in any situation, know skills inside and out, as well as items, the eye candy can keep me going.

I'll try it on my 42". That may help. Maybe I'll try a mod. In addition to playing vanilla to death, I played nez mod even more. I loaded up MedianXL but I'm not sure what to make of that skill system. I do like mods in the aspect that they add new adventure - new unknowns.

Hardcore is indeed something I never tried in D2, though I did manage to get to level 36 in D1 playing that way before dying and deleting my warrior.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Magefist
Yeah just tried installing D2 myself with the Hi-resolution pack. BUT Win 7 64-bit wont run it no matter what I do. and yes, I've read through all the online guides to do so...grrrrrrr.

Runs fine on my Win7 64 bit.

You set it to run in windows xp sp2 mode then download the updates from http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/files.shtml then play!
Runs fine on my Win7 64 bit without doing all that.
Reply Quote
You aren't a true gamer if you let graphics get in the way of you playing the things you love/used to love. Sometimes, the crappiest games graphics wise can offer gameplay deeper and better than most of the other games youa re currntely playing.

To say you can't ge tinto it because the graphics are outdated is spitting on your gamer heritage.
Reply Quote
Played D2 for 12 hours today. Its not outdated at all, at least in terms of gameplay and enjoyability. Hell, I'd say I'm rather surprised it hasn't been surpassed in 12 years. Then again, the industry is too busy churning out WoW-clones and shooting games to try and make a quality action RPG.
Reply Quote
But the nostalllgiiaaaa!!!
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Cwagmire
It's hard to go back to after playing the beta, but it's hard to keep playing the beta with limited content. God, I can't wait for this game to come out. It's gonna suck away my life, but I don't care! :)

This. Playing the beta ruined D2 for me, but the beta isn't enough to sustain me.

THANKS A LOT BLIZZARD!

(i don't have a key i just have a friend's account i can use now and then, so inb4 "you're a waste of a key")
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]