Diablo® III

Final Thoughts on the game

So i have griped about a few things since i started playing. Here is the overall list. I have played every class

1. Map is too small, why do I have vault if i get stuck every .5 yards on something?

2. I absolutely need my background map, when i hit tab, my character stops, and i cant just have this toggled on like in d2? that was awesome

3. Item diversity seems like it will be much smaller than d2.

4. I don't know my skills damage, yea i can bust out the calculator, or alt tab to the website, but i need to know how much my spectral shard does... Like i have a dps of 20.5 so is there a base value? do i use the dps to put in the skill? so it does 105 percent weapon damage as lightning. Am i expecting 105 percent of the dps, or base value? or even though the timing of my auto attack and spectral shard are different does this factor? What if i had my "magic weapon" spell active, is this only for auto attacks or does it increase my arcane orb damage too?

5. skills used at the top or bottom of stairs dont always do what they need to do. like right at the top of the stairs when u go to save the templar. Even ranged attacks like disintegrate end well before their range and dont even reach the stairs. i could understand stoping because of the stairs, but it seems ranged attacks will have no effect within their supposed range well before the stairs even start. (just a glitch not a gripe)

6. I want to jump right into hardcore when it comes out. Don't know if this will be an option or not. I would like the pvp system to not be on death lose character though. Or some sort of option before going in if you are playing for death slips.

7. I hope some items will have certain auras, i do want to build a merc and items again. Obviously skills like teleport and werebear, lycanthropy, on items was a bit strange, but auras would really help.

8. Crafting, seems like it will devalue all items, but making a soloist in hardcore much more durable. I think this is actually a good addition.

9. I hope runestones are common, even high tier ones. I want to be able to explore my hero and his/her abilities in freedom when game starts. if they are as rare as runes were. it will take forever to develop a character even in a direction i dont want :(

10. Monk is the new paladin. I think it will be hard to balance, given it has the greatest amount of auras, and they help the team more than other classes. I have noticed they have the greatest amount of connectivity in moves as well

Well thats pretty much the list, I hope it is insightful.
Reply Quote
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BETA

Fixed.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 06:52 PMPosted by CronoLuminai
1. Map is too small, why do I have vault if i get stuck every .5 yards on something?
I definitely used to have a lot of trouble with that. After I'd gotten over my anger that it didn't slide past walls that it hit on an angle, I basically forgot about it and just started using it down corridors. Haven't had much recent trouble with it.

2. I absolutely need my background map, when i hit tab, my character stops, and i cant just have this toggled on like in d2? that was awesome
I agree that it's a pain that you can't have the overlay map like you could in D2.

3. Item diversity seems like it will be much smaller than d2.
Most affixes don't appear in the beginning of the game. Item diversity will get much stronger in later difficulties. Or so we've been told.

4. I don't know my skills damage, yea i can bust out the calculator, or alt tab to the website, but i need to know how much my spectral shard does...
I agree, it's too bad there's nowhere that specific damage of a skill at any given time is actually told to the player, as it was in the D2 character sheet.

5. skills used at the top or bottom of stairs dont always do what they need to do.
Just a difficulty with using 3D space in a 3D engine. I don't know there's much they can do about this.

6. I want to jump right into hardcore when it comes out. Don't know if this will be an option or not. I would like the pvp system to not be on death lose character though. Or some sort of option before going in if you are playing for death slips.
It doesn't currently appear to be an option, although there's definitely a bunch of people who feel similarly to you. That said, if you don't want hardcore pvp to result in character death, hardcore may or may not be for you. They may design it such that hardcore pvp doesn't kill you, but a very large chunk of the hardcore community would be of the opinion that that just isn't true to the hardcore philosophy. Anything can kill you, and when you die, you die.

7. I hope some items will have certain auras, i do want to build a merc and items again. Obviously skills like teleport and werebear, lycanthropy, on items was a bit strange, but auras would really help.
I suspect auras are out. oskill items definitely are. Their drastic effect on gameplay was very interesting, but perhaps a little hard to balance.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
9. I hope runestones are common, even high tier ones. I want to be able to explore my hero and his/her abilities in freedom when game starts. if they are as rare as runes were. it will take forever to develop a character even in a direction i dont want :(

If the higher tier runestones are dropping like candy. Then what is the point of the great item hunt, which is what Diablo has always been about.

10. Monk is the new paladin. I think it will be hard to balance, given it has the greatest amount of auras, and they help the team more than other classes. I have noticed they have the greatest amount of connectivity in moves as well

While it might be interesting to play a monk as pure support. But I think it will hurt the party more having him as pure support, instead of in the thick of it dpsing along with the rest of the group. In this game it will not be one tank, one healer, one support, and one dpser. That setup would take so long to kill things in order to progress. Players would abandon that setup for a more faster and efficient setup.
Reply Quote
So i have griped about a few things since i started playing. Here is the overall list. I have played every class

4. I don't know my skills damage, yea i can bust out the calculator, or alt tab to the website, but i need to know how much my spectral shard does... Like i have a dps of 20.5 so is there a base value? do i use the dps to put in the skill? so it does 105 percent weapon damage as lightning. Am i expecting 105 percent of the dps, or base value? or even though the timing of my auto attack and spectral shard are different does this factor? What if i had my "magic weapon" spell active, is this only for auto attacks or does it increase my arcane orb damage too?

Well thats pretty much the list, I hope it is insightful.

I noticed playing WoW back when catacysm first released that dmg numbers were not on the tooltip at low levels. However, once you got passed a certain point, they seemed to reappear. I am hoping that we have the same situation here.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Johadiandunn

If the higher tier runestones are dropping like candy. Then what is the point of the great item hunt, which is what Diablo has always been about.

While it might be interesting to play a monk as pure support. But I think it will hurt the party more having him as pure support, instead of in the thick of it dpsing along with the rest of the group. In this game it will not be one tank, one healer, one support, and one dpser. That setup would take so long to kill things in order to progress. Players would abandon that setup for a more faster and efficient setup.

i never said they had to drop like candy, and i never said play as pure support, but having multiple monks and multiple auras will be beastly. I was merely making the statement of how uncommon runes effected gameplay drastically in d2. Since everyone will use massive amounts of runes in d3. they need to reach a certain level of intensity.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]