Diablo® III

Computer Specs

90 Night Elf Priest
You might have trouble finding components that are compatible with your system at this point, is the other thing.

That's a socket 775 CPU I think, which means an older motherboard. Which means newer RAM is probably not compatible, and finding older RAM might be a problem. Maybe not, but something to consider.

Also, I have the same video card, but a much better processor and more RAM. It's rare that my GPU is the bottleneck, though, if I'm willing to turn down graphical settings. This leads me to believe that you would not see a lot of improvement with a better video card; I realize a video card is by far the easiest of all upgrades to do to a system, but I think you would get very little bang for your buck. The CPU/RAM combo is most likely your issue, but changing those probably also means changing motherboards.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you for all the help.

I think I just have to face it: I need to invest in a new computer lol.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I calculated and the computer I'd get is aroud 750$. Meh.
Reply Quote
no cheap fix for this to be honest. best you could do is try and get a deal on mobo ram cpu and add a good video card but still looking at least $400 and for actual good looking closer to $600 ++++
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
:(
Reply Quote
82 Dwarf Hunter
Well all around man your system is just old, I just built a new system yesterday for 592 bucks and it has great amount of power for now and an awesome amount of future upgradability.

Fractal Design Core 3000 69.99
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner 19.99
ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 129.99
Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W 84.99
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 49.99
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 117.99
Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 129.99

Note that was the basic components that i listed and not everything i bought, however you could save alot with already having a case and couple other things to bring down the price quite a bit. Just let me know if you need any help and what your budget is!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hey Anareian, I was looking into buying this one:

Motherboard ASUS
Intel Core i5 2400 4x3.4GHz Turbo
4Go DDR3-1333 Kingston (8Go:+29$) --- I think I will add 29$ for 4G more.
WD 500Go SATA3 (1000Go:+39$)
GeForce GTX 550 1Go HDMI
Graveur DVD+/- 24x LG double-couche
Son 7.1 HD Surround
Réseau 10/100/1000
CoolerMaster Elite Blue + 585Watts
1 year warranty.

------679$ (before taxes I think)-----

Do you think that's a good deal? There is also the same deal but with a GeForce GTX 560 1Go HDMI but the price goes up to 729$. Is it worth it? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There is also this one:

Intel Core i7 8x3.8GHz

Mémoire 4Go DDR3

Disque dur WD 500Go

Graveur DVD +/- 24x

Carte son 7.1 HD

Intel Graphics HD 1Go

Réseau 10/100/1000

6 ports USB 2.0

Garantie 1 an

-----599$ (before taxes I think)-----

I would just have to change the graphics card. I'd have to calculate which one is cheaper. This one has a better processor...
Reply Quote
31 Troll Druid
Hello,

I need an advice from someone who knows computers. I recently got into beta, and my computer runs the game fine, to a certain point.

I can run it maxed out almost without any lag. But when there is an animation, or when I'm playing with more then 2 players at the same time, I get really bad lag spikes and it is really annoying. I have been waiting a long time for the game like you guys and I really don't wanna lag for this game. Here is my computer specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
Ram: 2.00 GB
System: Windows Vista / 32 bit.
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

I want to be able to max out the game without any kind of lag. The thing is I know I'll need to upgrade my computer (WITH THE MOST MINIMAL COST) for it to run the game perfectly smoothly. What I want to know is do you guys think I should upgrade my RAM, video card, processor? Basically which one, or all? If it's all, I might as well buy a new computer. Keep in mind that I want it to be not at high cost.

PS. If it is the RAM, I know it is pretty cheap.

Thanks!

All you require is upgraded Ram. 4-12 should be a good number and under your budget.

Even with your specs it should work tho. Know its a computer and the lag comes with it.
Edited by Uglymofotrl on 2/4/2012 11:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you have something like a SATA II hard drive in your current machine you could cannibalize it for the new machine. Hard drives are obnoxiously expensive right now due to Taiwanese factory flooding, and pretty much any mobo you'd buy will have SATA II support.

You don't say what motherboard you are looking at; these can really run the gamut in price, but the pricier ones are aimed at overclockers and you aren't going to need some of what they have. Also little things like leads for front-case USB 3.0 etc will add cost that you might not be interested in anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
machine. Hard drives are obnoxiously expensive right now due to Taiwanese factory flooding, and pretty much any mobo you'd buy will have SATA II support

Yeah. Well I was aware of the hard drives being expensive right now.

I think what I'm gonna do is upgrade my RAM in my old computer to reduce the lag at least a little, and buy a new machine. That way, I'll have 2 computers. One for my friends when they come over to play or something, haha. IDK tho, I'll look into it. I still have time until it comes out.
Reply Quote
73 Worgen Death Knight
try at least a 4 core 64-bit computer with about 6 gigs of ram and you will see the difference

I say its time for upgrade computer!!!
Edited by ßaxter on 3/3/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]
Thanks.
This is exactly what I would really wanna know. Which is really causing problem? In my opinion it is the RAM and CPU. If I had a way of showing you guys the lag I get, maybe that would be easier for you to help me.

I don't wanna buy a new computer :( QQ

Deduce your problem first... Turn everything down to low settings and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, it could just be server lags differently with 2 or more players. Try to find a better computer to log onto then, preferably from the same connection, and see if you experience similar lag,

Then once u do that, figure out if its ram, gpu, or cpu....

Reply Quote
02/04/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Uglymofotrl
All you require is upgraded Ram. 4-12 should be a good number and under your budget.

Have you priced the older DDR2 ram lately?

Upgrading RAM and 64bit Windows is like "throwing chairs of the Titatic" in my opinion. It'll make for a better Windows experience, but in-game it's not much help. Diablo 3 barely uses a gig of RAM anyway.

You're probably experiencing the trifecta of bottlenecks with your rig (cpu/ram/vc) so trying to improve one or two may still result in a subpar performance.

I'd just wait until the retail version comes out to try it, it'll likely be more optimized than the beta client, and on a larger server infrastructure than the beta, so that may help and make it more playable - perhaps fix the lag your experiencing. Especially since most have it when physics pop and areas load in the beta.

But you really need to consider buying a new system, especially if you plan to coop or pvp with Diablo 3.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/3/2012 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]
Thanks.
This is exactly what I would really wanna know. Which is really causing problem? In my opinion it is the RAM and CPU. If I had a way of showing you guys the lag I get, maybe that would be easier for you to help me.

I don't wanna buy a new computer :( QQ

Deduce your problem first... Turn everything down to low settings and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, it could just be server lags differently with 2 or more players. Try to find a better computer to log onto then, preferably from the same connection, and see if you experience similar lag,

Then once u do that, figure out if its ram, gpu, or cpu....

I am seeing the same thing with my rig. My CPU is old, but my vid card is not. I run fine most of the time as well but see lag when playing with others. I turned down all the settings to low (they default to high) and it runs exactly the same. So I assumed it was the beta build and they just haven't finished tweaking it yet. I am going to hold out on upgrading anything until they are on the release build.

Is there a spolier feature with this forum? If so I will add my dxdiag log so you can compare specs.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/3/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Mage
I was on a very strict budget and I ended up buying...

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4ghz
4gb DDR3
1tb HD 7200rpm
Nvidia 550ti
Asus mobo

...for around $500.

So far it is like night and day from my previous Athlon x2, with an 8500GT.

Edit: I did transfer a couple of things over from my previous comp to help keep cost down, dvd drives and such.
Edited by Detonator on 3/3/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I built a really good (but cheap was roughly $1200) computer a few months ago.. It can run every game on ultra (super ultra if your playing SC2, since I think the max is Super Ultra) ANYWAYS.. What I am saying is that if you can save a bit, you can build a great gaming rig for approx 7-900$.. This being said, don't buy an operating system (Windows, Vista etc just use your head on how to get it), don't buy a case since you already have one, and don't buy a keyboard/mouse/monitor since you already have one.. Saved me lots of money in the end..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, now that the release date is announced and I know i'm lagging in patch 15, I am def going to buy a new computer. It's going to be around 800$.

Just gotta save a bit until then!!!
Edited by Dixpointun on 3/25/2012 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]