Diablo® III

Best In Slot

85 Worgen Rogue
Is there a best in slot list for various classes, i know it might be a little difficult with the varying item stats, but i hear alot about people with 100+ dps and im curious what kind of gear i need for numbers that high.

PS- im focusing barbarian atm so thats what im mostly looking for.

EDIT: talking about the beta
Edited by Hellzrogue on 2/4/2012 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Best in slot is subjective to a degree I think. By that I mean that the best items for your class will depend greatly on the abilities and runes that you use.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by D3BETA
Best in slot is subjective to a degree I think. By that I mean that the best items for your class will depend greatly on the abilities and runes that you use.

I'm talking about the beta, ill edit it into the OP
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Being as there aren't a set list of drops from bosses and items are randomly generated with random stats and bonus stats. Plus not one single play style is considered to be a dominate "spec." Some people might prefer to have all +damage items, some +haste. Others might prefer +MF. I don't think there is such a thing as "best in slot" right now, or any time in the near-distant future. Stop thinking WoW, you're not in Azeroth anymore.
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by D3BETA

Not only that, but it depends on the build you're shooting for. A melee wizard will not want to use a beefy wand, you'll want some sword... Aside from the fact that all items roll random stats.
Edited by Sixen on 2/5/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
there most certainly are best in slot items in beta... damage rings /amulet, as much of your primary damage stat , and then gold find or MF.. crafted one handed axe with 30-35 of your damage stat and improve attack speed (the only weapon damage mods from crafts), or a rare weapon over 25dps, and a wh /wizz offhand, or another weapon for most other classes.

if you have enough % damage multiplier from your primary stat /skills, even a 2-3 damage ring will add 10+ damage, which will factor into your skills (fully geared up you can crit on a wiz for around 300+ on an arcane orb)
Edited by D3BETA on 2/8/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
For 100+ DPS in beta get the highest DPS weapon possible with a +dmg mod of some sort
Make sure you get rings/amulet /w +Damage
Make sure each piece of gear you get has your prime attribute
Get attack speed as a secondary affix if possible
(Remember to duel wield if possible)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/05/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Sixen
Not only that, but it depends on the build you're shooting for. A melee wizard will not want to use a beefy wand, you'll want some sword... Aside from the fact that all items roll random stats.

This.

However This:

Being as there aren't a set list of drops from bosses and items are randomly generated with random stats and bonus stats. Plus not one single play style is considered to be a dominate "spec." Some people might prefer to have all +damage items, some +haste. Others might prefer +MF. I don't think there is such a thing as "best in slot" right now, or any time in the near-distant future. Stop thinking WoW, you're not in Azeroth anymore.

Isn't true, at least the part at the end. The part he got right is that there will be no SOLID best in slot list for each class, as runestones and chosen skills and passives will alter what gear you want. But there WILL be a BiS for your specific class build. You'll have to use one of the many spreadsheets that are available for this sort of thing on release.

In terms of just the beta, while it doesn't really matter, its true that you just want to get a high damage weapon, and look for +damage affixes on your gear. While it's not as applicable to you as a Barbarian, this holds true for any class in the Beta, with such limited gear, and the fact that the content is out leveled by your second play through, there isn't a good enough reason for say a Wizard NOT to use a 2h Mace or sword or what have you, since it will have higher damage on it. Later on there will be better reasons to use your own class gear, especially since you can probably find a 2h mace with INT on it, though maybe not in the beta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]