Diablo® III

Difficulty needs to be dialed up!

I appreciate the level headed post. You actually shed some light on the subject. I just hope that ramp up is swift and dramatic, because it really needs to be to offset the depth of the starting point.
It'll actually probably be a fairly steady but slow ramp up throughout normal.

Seriously though, do the 'skip all the mobs you don't have to kill' thing. I'm not be facetious. It makes the game quite different.
Edited by Static on 2/4/2012 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Troll Shaman
02/04/2012 04:53 PMPosted by LoverlyPillo
here we go with this again...
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Static
If the game is too easy at that point, then you don't need to spend time killing anything to gain power. So just run past it all instead. Only kill things you need to kill for the quests. Instead of taking 2 hours to get beyond SK, it'll take a half hour, and be significantly more challenging.

This is true, and I'm definitely going to try out a nude speed-run. I'll get back to you on how it turns out. Nevertheless, this approach is fundamentally at odds with another hugely important game dynamic, the desire to thoroughly explore a dungeon and plunder its loot. If the combat mechanics are solid enough however, it might still play well despite those facets being muted by the speed-run approach.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/4/2012 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Trisee
here we go with this again...
Reply Quote
there is alot of hating in this thread.

but shizz is too easy, shouldn't have to get naked and speed run to find a challenge, even in normal act 1 part 1 beta. No one's complaining, 'cept all the debbie drama trolls.
Reply Quote
smh

Search before you create a post
Reply Quote
You're all bashing on the OP, but he's not bashing anyone. I'll never understand you people. The Beta IS easy, and was designed to be. I agree that it doesn't let you stress-test the different classes, but it is as Blizzard intended it to be. I think that the beta was rather a server-stress test, rather than a class one anyways.

What I don't understand is, how can we beta test for bugs, if we can't play any of the game that may have bugs? Understandably, we shouldn't be allowed to see the rest of the game's content, but upon release I'm sure the rest of the game will have bugs as well. I don't entirely understand the reasoning for the beta testing, rather than satisfying the fans' desire to play some semblance of Diablo 3 haha
Reply Quote
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NkFxpb4hI#t=42m15s

Watch this video and tell me if you think it needs to be harder.
Reply Quote
I agree.

50cc of Mario Kart is too easy. Nintendo needs to step up their game!
Reply Quote
I would argue that making the first difficulty mode so trivially easy will greatly lessen the impact and sense of satisfaction of the first playthrough for any given player. The reason they are making it so easy is so casuals will play it, but what they don't realize is that it will be tough for the casual players to hold interest if it is so incredibly easy. Most of the people that I know who casually played diablo 1 back in the day had so many stories about how awesome it was to kill the butcher, triumphing over it after losing a few times. I believe that is how the original diablo games got to be so popular.

There would have to be a HUGE, MAJOR difficulty spike directly after the skeleton king for the game to be interesting at any point during the first act (I am assuming that the skeleton king is approximately half way through act 1). Even at level 6-8, most of the monsters could barely do ANY damage at all to me without dying from the thorn enchants on my gear, or my health regenerating from regen gear.

That said, the game feels super satisfying visually, with monsters and environment flying into pieces when I leap attack or ground stomp. This game will almost definitely be amazing, but in my opinion, it is a bad design decision to make the first mode you play such a pushover.
Reply Quote
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NkFxpb4hI#t=42m30s

I'm going to post this every time someone comments on these posts.
Reply Quote

I'm going to post this every time someone comments on these posts.

I will back you up.

Normal is for normal players. Hardcore is for hardcore players. Many of the SC2 creators are at par with the skill of the grandmaster league players. They know how to play these games. They are hardcore gamers just like us and know what we want and need. Diablo 3 will be no different. It is a damn beta. You are about 2 times as strong as these monsters.

This thread is like going to Costco then complaining about how you only got a sample of food, but want an entire steak.
Reply Quote

Reply Quote
Threads like this are so predictable, and I'm not just talking about the OP.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
training areas are meant to be well...mindless.... the first part of the beta is meant to be ... mindless... D2 was quite super easy norm act1 to countess. you cant say there was any real degree of difficulty in it either, other than maybe using the #1-4 keys to chug a pot here n there cause maybe you did take a lil damage...but that was quick to go away if you even got one piece of armor that was beyond white.
Reply Quote
All of the Normal probably will be 'relatively' easy for a veteran gamer, if you want a real challenge wait for nightmare-inferno, the only thing we can go by in terms of difficulty is notions blizzard have gave us at blizzcon, and the short testimonial video they showed at last blizzcon to nightmare-inferno, which looked pretty hardcore, like the rest of us, you have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 07:09 PMPosted by EDK

Thank's for the link, iv'e been trying to remember where it was :D, haha so awesome
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
You're all bashing on the OP, but he's not bashing anyone. I'll never understand you people. The Beta IS easy, and was designed to be. I agree that it doesn't let you stress-test the different classes, but it is as Blizzard intended it to be. I think that the beta was rather a server-stress test, rather than a class one anyways.

What I don't understand is, how can we beta test for bugs, if we can't play any of the game that may have bugs? Understandably, we shouldn't be allowed to see the rest of the game's content, but upon release I'm sure the rest of the game will have bugs as well. I don't entirely understand the reasoning for the beta testing, rather than satisfying the fans' desire to play some semblance of Diablo 3 haha

Blizzard has in house people testing the rest of the game. You are a stress test nothing more. If that bothers don't play the beta. I am sure there will be bugs in the game. same as if they let you all test the full game. In the end they are doing it this way so that nothing gets leeked before they can ship the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]