Diablo® III

Wiping beta accounts for release?

The wipe is not even a factor. Keep in mind, the Beta is its own standalone game. So you will have adding a new Diablo III game onto your account. That is why we do not keep achievements or any of our information. They are two completely different things.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
02/03/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Nilrem
The wipe is not even a factor. Keep in mind, the Beta is its own standalone game. So you will have adding a new Diablo III game onto your account. That is why we do not keep achievements or any of our information. They are two completely different things.

Is it weird that when I read this, it's Morgan Freeman's voice, but only because it's in all italics and my brain insists that the whole paragraph was some kind of narrative?

Anyway, of course they're going to wipe it. That wouldn't be very fair if they didn't.
Reply Quote
The D3 'beta' account is separated from our other same-account information, so I figure they just delete it entirely. I noticed my friends list didn't cross-over from SC2 is all I'm saying.

Having been also in SC2 Beta (mass invite era, mind you), we managed to keep nothing from that. Being a "loot=reward" game, carrying ANYTHING over would be an unfair advantage for everyone involved.
Do you really want someone having 2 extra damage more than you? Making kills one stroke quicker can give a HUGE advantage early game.
(The first weapon is absolute GARBAGE. My Demon Hunter went 5 levels before finding ONE weapon he could use upped.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]