Diablo® III

My (semi) non-gamer GF thought it was to easy

02/03/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Static
you guys dont understand what he is getting at...... fail on everyone....
I understand perfectly. His girlfriend is not a prolific gamer, and yet, the early portion of the game was easy enough that she was turned off due to a lack of difficulty. Whether or not the game gets harder later is irrelevant. A new gamer, especially a gamer who has no prior affection for or loyalty to the Diablo or Blizzard names, must find the game initially engaging enough to continue playing, or else they will be turned off within the first half hour. That the game gets harder doesn't matter, because they'll never find out. I don't disagree that it's an issue, I'm just not sure how they'd go about fixing it without jeopardizing their attempt to bring the truly novice gamer in to the Diablo fold in a nonthreatening way.

This doesn't make any sense. We have established that someone who isn't even a gamer is turned off by how easy the game is in its current form. You then follow it up by saying it is a tough balancing act because you don't want to turn away the novice gamer. That is the problem! Even a novice gamer found the game so mind numbing and boring that they stopped playing. This is not an indication that you should wait and see, but that the beginning should go from face roll to somewhat easy.
Reply Quote
This doesn't make any sense. We have established that someone who isn't even a gamer is turned off by how easy the game is in its current form. You then follow it up by saying it is a tough balancing act because you don't want to turn away the novice gamer. That is the problem! Even a novice gamer found the game so mind numbing and boring that they stopped playing. This is not an indication that you should wait and see, but that the beginning should go from face roll to somewhat easy.
I don't think I was being that nonsensical. He said she's a casual gamer who got to 30 in WoW. They have to account for that. They also have to account for people who are playing their first video game ever. Who have never managed abilities on a hotbar. Who have never used a click to move system. Believe it or not, there's more than two aptitude levels of 'casual' and 'hardcore.' They want to make the beginning of the game easy enough that it can accomodate all ranges of players.
Reply Quote

Maybe change girlfriend? This one seems dumb... Just a thought... (unless obviously she has a GREAT body and makes you really really happy... I'm not judging you, some people like them dumb)

Having a dip at his missus? that guy should knock you out for saying that.. i would.

uh, ok? go ahead?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]