Diablo® III

What's the point??

I'm finding that the best monk item i can craft at the moment in the beta is a staff thing, forgot the exact name. It does slightly more damage then 2 fist weapons I can craft.

However, does anyone else find it silly that he just holds it and when it comes to attacking he puts it behinds his back and attacks with his fists??

Or I am doing it completely wrong? Whats the best weapon of choice for monks in the beta?
Reply Quote
Monks don't use any of their weapons. Your not doing anything wrong.
Reply Quote
We'll get there futuristic. Blizzard hasn't designed the animations yet (at least not all of them or not all of them up to Blizzard-par), but they've expressed an interest in doing so eventually. We just have to be loud enough about it.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
When the game actually goes live, there should be enough variability in items that you'll be able to use things like fist weapons to deal with the fact that your skill animations aren't done with your weapon.

There was a blue post about monk's animations saying that making the animations for every type of weapon Monks could use was just outside of the scope of what they could get done for the release. It honestly doesn't bug me that much.
Reply Quote
Wizard spell damage is based off of their wand DPS, so I imagine Monk works the same. Staff is there only to enhance their fist damage.
Reply Quote
02/05/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Yoduh
Wizard spell damage is based off of their wand DPS, so I imagine Monk works the same. Staff is there only to enhance their fist damage.

The weird part is it affects their attack speed because attacking "with" a bo is slower. But they do not attack "with a bo", they only use it for stats.
Reply Quote
Read the above post... There is a Blue on this issue, and at least right now, it sounds like they are going to fix it EVENTUALLY... It just wasn't important enough for them to get it done prior to release.

Hopefully, they will follow through on that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]