Diablo® III

before they were the evils

90 Human Warlock
I haven't gotten a chance to read up on them really, so i was curious if anyone knows if Diablo was something else before he was "diablo." was he a person? did he do such terrible things....etc?baal, meph aswell.
Reply Quote
There nothing of that sort of humans attaining demonhood.

Diablo and the rest of the Prime/Lesser Evils were good o'l demon lords of Hell of the bat. Allegedly they are consider the seven heads of Tathamet the Prime Evil who have become separate entities born from Tathamet's smoldering corpse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
thank you sir
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Very precise answer dude!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
makes me want to fight tathamet
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/05/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Kasalyne
I haven't gotten a chance to read up on them really, so i was curious if anyone knows if Diablo was something else before he was "diablo." was he a person? did he do such terrible things....etc?baal, meph aswell.

There is no "confirmed" answer, but the Book of Cain relates a "Creation Story" which Deckard Cain suggests may be close to the truth.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Without rehashing the original story (go buy the Book of Cain at your local booksellar :p ) there was at one point a Seven Headed Dragon (not to be confused with Trag-Oul). When it died, each head became one of the seven Evils, the three Prime and the four Lesser. They are essentially the First Demons to have ever existed.
[/SPOILER ALERT]

If you're interested in Diablo lore, I highly advised buying the Book of Cain. It's not a novel, so if you're not really into reading lengthy sagas you're all good. The book is more of an abridged retelling of the major stories and events of the entire history of creation, and is extremely cool looking :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]