Diablo® III

my thoughts on beta

although the graphics arent as good as some of today's standards, the artistry of the environment makes up for that by far. i like the look of the environment, the destructible terrain, and all the other interactive features that come with it(zombies climbing up cliffs, bursting out of walls)so, visually, i am satisfied with the beta.

i dont like skill points being out of the player's hands. building character trees with skills and stats are a big part of games like this for me. even if there are few ways to build a character correctly anyway, i still feel i have more control, customizing my character. right now it seems like i only control a couple spells that i use, not knowing how much damage they do or if they might turn obsolete as the game continues further on.

the equipment is awesome. crafting is awesome. i imagine when gems come into play the customization i spoke of, above, will get more into detail. does anyone know if there will be NPCs for hire, like in D2? and if so, will they get to wear EQ?

ive played through with the wiz and the de so far. overall im satisfied.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
NPCs for hire = Followers.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Dixpointun
NPCs for hire = Followers.

ok followers.
Reply Quote
What he's saying, Laser, is that followers have replaced mercs. That is, the Templar that follows you in the beta is a permanent follower that you can equip and make a few skill choices for. There are two others, a scoundrel and an enchantress (I believe it is) that you'll be introduced to later and may choose.

These followers, however, are only for single-player games and will not be present if you join a multiplayer game. This is to ease single-player people into multiplayer by imitating the feeling of playing with another person. They should be viable/useful throughout the game now, though how useful is debatable. Additionally, you will not have to resurrect them: if they die, they will leave the battlefield for a period of time and then return to continue fighting for you. As such, there's no longer a need to return to town and burn a hole in your pocketbook in fees.
Reply Quote
Man, seems like this would be a great thread for the "Beta Feedback" forum.
Reply Quote
but can we strap them up with equipment or customize their skills?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2012 04:12 PMPosted by LaserFace

yes.. you can

and i understand how you feel about the tree. However, I really like the change that blizzard put through. D3s skill system allows for WAY more customization than you ever had in d2.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You can equip your Templar with a weapon, shield, necklace, and 2 rings. All of this, plus some documents that we have to find for him. I'm not quite sure what the documents do.

You can pick out skills for him as he levels up, although limited.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Ellium

yes.. you can

and i understand how you feel about the tree. However, I really like the change that blizzard put through. D3s skill system allows for WAY more customization than you ever had in d2.

its mostly just a matter of quick and long term adjustments. in d2, if i was dying or getting beat on, i would know that i needed more vitality. now if that happens there is no adjustment to be made with the next level up. i dunno maybe im unclear on just how dynamic the full version will be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]