Diablo® III

Release Date Announcement not Next Week

@Bashiok The skill and rune systems are still in development as you're aware. We'll let you know as soon as we're ready.
http://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/165591373087641600

Now, unless he is publicly lying for some odd reason, it looks like, as of this Friday, the skill and rune systems still aren't finalized. If they aren't even done deciding on what to do with two of the most important systems in the game, there is no way they have a release date set.

I realize most people weren't expecting a release date next week, but for the foolish few (including me) who were, this is depressing, but not incredibly surprising. No such thing was even mildly hinted at by anyone from Blizzard. I need to stop reading a certain blog.
Reply Quote
Release date announcement is gonna be in 4/1/2012
Reply Quote
Sorry dude. Maybe we'll get a mid 2012 release. I wouldn't hope for much earlier than that though.
Reply Quote
82 Goblin Shaman
Yea.. This seems strange. The rune system must of been a bigger problem than I thought. There is a lot of work being done.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 05:30 PMPosted by D3BETA
Really wonder what they're going to do with those 2 systems.

not gonna tell anyone until they're ready to publicise a release date so people would stop speculating
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Reading to much into bashiok's posts again are we?
Reply Quote
Guys, Bashiok and crew are told LAST when systems are finished.

They could be almost done, or not nearly done.
Reply Quote
Guys, Bashiok and crew are told LAST when systems are finished.

They could be almost done, or not nearly done.
Even if they're nearly done, there's presumably a bit of testing and patching that follows. Could we still see an early 2012 release date? Sure. Maybe. I mean, obviously we have no idea, and you can get generous with the definition of early. But are we better off accepting that this could be a long wait? Probably. I mean, what's the worst that could happen. We end up being wrong, and play the game sooner than we'd thought? I'd be okay with that.

Bottom line, he who expects nothing shall not be disappointed.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Zalbane
the new skill and rune system better blow my mind, because they have been working on it FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This has been Blizzard's "great wall of china project"
Reply Quote
Well, you can bet the game will not be released in EARLY 2012, it's going to be around or after May 2012.

Why blizzard will not say so is just deyond me, just say it was to soon to say early or sooner than you think. Just tell us early will not be achived, simple.
They'd probably rather announce a delay along side a definite release date than another hopeful window. So until they get to the point that early is no longer even remotely possible (mid april) they won't be willing to announce a change in their tentative plans. Probably.
Edited by Static on 2/3/2012 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I lost my trust in the "we are working on runes" thing. Months and months ago they said they would never delay the game since the first system worked well. I honestly don't see how they can spend months on that already awesome feature.

It's just funny that the the best time right now for them to announce a date would be next week just before or after the conf. call and it heappens that they just gave 100 000 beta keys, wich makes it only better for a release date.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 07:21 PMPosted by ZagesTeramA
Wait, what asinine reason are people "expecting" a release date next week for?
Some were hoping that the investor conference call may bring some news on that front.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Mamajama
the new skill and rune system better blow my mind, because they have been working on it FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This has been Blizzard's "great wall of china project"

More like their Chinese Democracy project.
Reply Quote
Seriously? Again? Haven't there been like half a dozen conference calls and each one was full of speculation of release dates and each one was a huge disappointment?

Why are people getting their hopes up over this? Same ****, different day...
Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. You fool me, can`t get fooled again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]