Diablo® III

Quit your whining

Ok I have played both D1, D2 and both expansions all through with all classes etc...... like I have seen posted numerous times on these pages. But I am sick and tired of people complaining about the game being, "it is not dark enough", or "I remmeber when things were better when I played D1 or D2". Get over it, you are sounding like some grumpy old man who yearns for the old days, and I am an older gamer. DIII stands by itself alone, it will awe and inspire you once you get your taste via beta or when the game comes out. It has some dynamics that I hadn't even anticipated that were surprising. For instance I don't seem to see one forum panel on the aspect of the 3D dimensiionality of the game. You have a dynamic environment that you can interact with for crying out loud. Have beta players noticed that you can attack enemies that are above and below you in a two story environment. I havent' seen that talked about around here. Its all get to the SKELETON KING he is the one we have to defeat. This game is not about who is the king of the hill here like in SC2. its about enjoying yourself, interacting with other players if you play public and seeing what kind of drops enhance your player through all this action. I see people complaining that they have been through beta hundreds of times yet they are bored... Wow, if thats the case get off y our computer and go outside and do something else, these people are clearly not the kind of gamers that Blizzard is catering to, they expect tooo much for a demonstration program that is trying to get the kinks out so they can release a kick butt game for the rest of us. Yes, I got my beta two days ago one of the 100,000), and even with a full time job I managed to play through the game twice with the witchdoctor and demon hunter. Despite the short time between beta updates since I am downloading patch12 right now, the game is playable, but there are stability issues depending on your playing stype be it private or public. Once Blizzard has this worked out, I forsee a game coming out in the next couple of months (likely by May) that will make other game designers for other outlets take notice. There..I have said my two cents.
Reply Quote
Amen brotha!! Preach it!!

I'm with you. The art style is amazing. The gameplay is fluid and fantastic.
I don't think the game isn't dark enough. I've seen scene shots where the game seems to get more dark and bloody. I am so incredibly excited for D3. I have spent so much time on the beta and I still can't get enough. My prediction is a June release. I sure hope I'm wrong.

There I have added my 2 cents. We now have 4 cents.
Reply Quote
I foresee a leap attack.
Reply Quote
If you do play beta, look around the graveyard and cemetary, its not on all plays, but you might find a unique gravesite. Just a tease.
Reply Quote
If you played diablo 1 and 2 as much as you talk and you think diablo 3 has the same art style as the first games your either a boxer taking too many punches to the head, or maybe blind. It really looks like torchlight and less like previous 2 games so I 100 percent agree with everyone saying its not dark enough. Its hard to describe exactly what it is about the art style but its very different its just a fact and its a different set of guys making the game so I think that says it all.
I never said it was bad I am just saying its a lot different from what we see in the beta so far.
Edited by yogafire on 2/3/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you think its not dark enough you can always dim your screen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
02/03/2012 10:32 PMPosted by D3BETA
If you think its not dark enough you can always dim your screen.

I actually lol'd.
Reply Quote
Or if its not dark enough, you can always turn out the lights. Turn on some spooky halloween sounds and play. Maybe that will make goosepimples run up and down your back. The game isn't a horror story. Its and adventure.
Reply Quote
Its not a horror game but its called diablo 3. That would imply it is somehow like the previous games and the art style is not. That is what we are talking about here not halloween sounds or whatever your saying about light.
Reply Quote
TL:DR
Reply Quote
The vast majority of complaints about darkness are premature, remember we haven't even seen the HELL levels yet. If you think about Diablo 2 since there seems to be more comparison with that games atmosphere, is that there were plenty of environments that didn't seem all that dark. I really think darkness is a moot point. The most important thing is that this game be playable, vast and enjoyable enough that a person wants to play the game over and over and over and over again....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]