Diablo® III

A wizard's beta thoughts

35 Troll Hunter
Just going from my most basic impressions here...

My health never dropped down below 75%, even when I tried to put myself in the middle of the fray. I think I used a healing potion once.

I found, maybe, two or three pieces of valuable usable loot throughout the entire beta. Other than that, all of the best stuff was made through crafting. After a while I stopped caring when enemies dropped loot since I knew it would probably be useless.

Sad to say it, but the classic Diablo flavor was really diluted for me. I honestly think shameless rip off Torchlight was more entertaining ...and that's coming from a huge Diablo fan.
Edited by Wompum on 2/3/2012 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Did you play on a friend's account, or on your own? Because I know that personally, I usually don't have the gold or mats to get good blacksmith gear my first play through.
Edited by Static on 2/3/2012 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
Another 'beta was too easy' thread from a 'huge Diablo fan'.
Reply Quote
Just going from my most basic impressions here...

My health never dropped down below 75%, even when I tried to put myself in the middle of the fray. I think I used a healing potion once.

I found, maybe, two or three pieces of valuable usable loot throughout the entire beta. Other than that, all of the best stuff was made through crafting. After a while I stopped caring when enemies dropped loot since I knew it would probably be useless.

Sad to say it, but the classic Diablo flavor was really diluted for me. I honestly think shameless rip off Torchlight was more entertaining ...and that's coming from a huge Diablo fan.

Go back and play diablo 2 from the start and go only to blood raven and tell me it is that different? Cmon people
Reply Quote
35 Troll Hunter
I guess if this is the first 10% of the game then I understand.
Reply Quote
35 Troll Hunter
I played on my own account. I picked up every piece of gold and every magical item so I would have enough materials & money for training. I trained my blacksmith 5 levels I think.
Reply Quote
Nostalgia is blinding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM&feature=related
Reply Quote
35 Troll Hunter
Disintegration was an amazing skill. I'll give the beta another play-through... been looking at Demon Hunter so that'll be my next character most likely.
Reply Quote
35 Troll Hunter
Good video! Thanks!
Reply Quote
35 Troll Hunter
This all makes so much more sense now. Everyone should watch that video.
Reply Quote
02/03/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Static
Did you play on a friend's account, or on your own? Because I know that personally, I usually don't have the gold or mats to get good blacksmith gear my first play through.
Really? On my first playthrough as a witchdoctor I was able to craft at least 4 pieces of gear on my single solo run. But I also did explore every nook and cranny and got something like 1200 monster kills it says.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]