Diablo® III

Jay talks about what is the hold up - october

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8M8xOnLdI&t=5m30s

Watch this. He specifically mentions the skill and rune design team have the luxury of working on those systems. Meaning the main thing holding up the game right now is not Attributes, skills, or rune system. It's 100% polish, bugs, and online services. They just have the luxury of extra time with those design teams.

So while everyone oohs and aahs about skill reworks, they probably finished months ago.

The real sign of release is online service, polish, and bug fixing. Meaning that the bnet stress test and how well that goes is the main indicator. Not uniques, skill systems etc, they just have the luxury of working longer on them, its not the holdup.
Edited by Masakari on 2/4/2012 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8M8xOnLdI&t=6m0s

Watch this. He specifically mentions the skill and rune design team have the luxury of working on those systems. Meaning the main thing holding up the game right now is not Attributes, skills, or rune system. It's 100% polish, bugs, and online services. They just have the luxury of extra time with those design teams.

So while everyone oohs and aahs about skill reworks, they probably finished months ago.

When I said this, I got trolled... They are working on their marketing campaign and operations right now to announce a date within 1 month of the announcement.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8M8xOnLdI&t=6m0s

When I said this, I got trolled... They are working on their marketing campaign and operations right now to announce a date within 1 month of the announcement.

Yeah, I think most people who followed closely knew this. They are durdling around with these "overhaul" announcements but the real reasons are probably boring, aka bnet 2.0 functionality, networking bugs, and general polish.

AKA the legendaries, skill rework system etc hasnt been announced but is ready to launch whenever, it's not the holdup.
Edited by Masakari on 2/4/2012 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/165591373087641600

Just letting you guys know
Reply Quote

except in october they said its ready for launch, but that team has nothing else to do so they keep working on it.

l2listen.

the skill system is not the holdup. straight from jay 5 months ago.
Edited by Masakari on 2/4/2012 1:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Yeah, I think most people who followed closely knew this. They are durdling around with these "overhaul" announcements but the real reasons are probably boring, aka bnet 2.0 functionality, networking bugs, and general polish.

AKA the legendaries, skill rework system etc hasnt been announced but is ready to launch whenever, it's not the holdup.

Of course. I mean, I understand why they said that there is still a lot to do, but the updates are probably somewhat boring. It should be obvious that the 100k keys given are a stress test too. Beta is in the end stages luckily. I expect the release within 3 months. The legendary items and item sets may still be a surprise though. They won't tell us quests yet so they won't tell us the sets and stuff either.

Good though that they are giving basic server and glitch tests now!
Reply Quote

Everything is "still in development" because the Diablo 3 is still in development, these are weasel words
Reply Quote
I know where you guys are coming from and they did say it was done but they seem to keep revamping systems so it is holding the game back a little.

Maybe not as much as I think but nonetheless.
Reply Quote

Everything is "still in development" because the Diablo 3 is still in development, these are weasel words

Blizzard is sly, in the best way possible. I saw a picture comparing the collectors edition informations. It said Q1 about 4 months ago for the annual pass deal, then Blizz made it to "during release." They are very smart and know what to say haha.

What they said about beta until today was "there may be more events and there is the opt in system" then boom 100,000 keys.
Edited by FannyBandit on 2/4/2012 1:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

Of course. I mean, I understand why they said that there is still a lot to do, but the updates are probably somewhat boring. It should be obvious that the 100k keys given are a stress test too. Beta is in the end stages luckily. I expect the release within 3 months. The legendary items and item sets may still be a surprise though. They won't tell us quests yet so they won't tell us the sets and stuff either.

Good though that they are giving basic server and glitch tests now!

yep, I think they will "stress" each region out to keep testing things and generate hype. But the 100k invites is the #1 indicator the game is finishing.

This is similar to a mmorpg launch, they will have 8+ million people worldwide playing on their servers day 1. Thats a monumental task.

I'm pretty sure the holdup is almost entirely on bnet 2.0 shoulders.
Edited by Masakari on 2/4/2012 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
yep, I think they will "stress" each region out to keep testing things and generate hype. But the 100k invites is the #1 indicator the game is finishing.

This is similar to a mmorpg launch, they will have 8+ million people worldwide playing on their servers day 1. Thats a monumental task.

Don't troll me, but I honestly think that this key giveaway was part of the marketing campaign! I think it was prep work and advertising for release. I have seen several facebook groups, sites, twitter posts, etc. all about this absurd giveaway. Great PR and marketing to get ready for a release.
Reply Quote

Don't troll me, but I honestly think that this key giveaway was part of the marketing campaign! I think it was prep work and advertising for release. I have seen several facebook groups, sites, twitter posts, etc. all about this absurd giveaway. Great PR and marketing to get ready for a release.

well i think its both. the do need a stress test. two days ago when i played the beta for the first time there was some major lag issue and it was a problem with the servers. it seems to be fixed now but idk. and yeah, 100k beta keys definitely got me excited and tellin friends about the game.
Reply Quote

I don't know, why not announce release then drop the 100,000 keys if it's pure PR? only reason I could think of for doing it this order is if they are using this as a final test before sealing the deal, and only estimate a minor setback if it fails.

I think it's clear we will see D3 before june though.

I don't know, the other options

1. appease people upset its not out
- doesn't make sense as most players won't get in, 100,000 is still a minority
2. Just a random invite with no plan for release soon
- doesn't make sense as people quickly get tired of the content and it will just bore them out on the title.

Edited by Masakari on 2/4/2012 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
LOL

Looks like Jay Wilson got caught in a lie.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think this is amazing. Thank you for the find.
It might have been out for a while but i've never seen it.
This reveals quite a lot. Whats wrong with the game and what are they working on.
Polishing
Bug Fixing
Technology - Online Technology

Polishing
they will continue polishing the game after release so i'm not worried that that is what really is holding back the game

Bug Fixing
Well la di da, what has been patch 11 and 12 ? in such quick successions? Bug fixes. I'm now very very hopefully about it.

Technology - Online Technology
This is an odd reveal which i kind of find interesting and what would probably be holding the game back because its so vague. But consider this for a moment, what have they changed recently that affect the technology ? Item databases and the "stash issue". Perhaps its been fixed? Perhaps its also the whole console thing, who knows at this point. I'm still very hopeful that the main issue was their data centers would be overwhelmed. Having the 100 000 beta invites were most likely to test out the data centers to see on a bigger scale how many people would hold on to many different types of items.

This is again, all my personal opinion in which i could be very totally wrong or right on the money or half wrong or half right ;pWhat do you guys think?
Reply Quote

Blizzard is sly, in the best way possible. I saw a picture comparing the collectors edition informations. It said Q1 about 4 months ago for the annual pass deal, then Blizz made it to "during release." They are very smart and know what to say haha.

What they said about beta until today was "there may be more events and there is the opt in system" then boom 100,000 keys.

they never say Q1 - they say Early
difference
Q1 - Jan - Mar
Early - Jan - Apr
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
+435345 internets to all of you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2012 05:03 AMPosted by iCreep
After 4 months the skill and rune system are still in development. I think it's time to fire some of the guys there at Blizzard.

They are allowed, its NOT what is holding the game back.
/facepalm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]