Diablo® III

Manage inventory in home screen?

How come we can't manage inventory for our heroes in the home screen? It would be much more efficient if we can actually do that. Otherwise, we would have to:

1. Select a hero
2. Start a game
3. Drop the desired item into the shared stash
4. Exit game
5. Select another hero
6. Start a game
7. Pick up said item from the shared stash
8. Exit game

Is there really a reason why we have to go through this mess just to transfer an item from one character onto another? We already can inspect every hero's gear in home screen. So, allowing us to manage every hero's inventory/gear in home screen shouldn't be that far of a stretch, right?
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 07:15 AMPosted by D3BETA
How come we can't manage inventory for our heroes in the home screen?

+1

I admit, that would be a pretty cool feature. If you have 5 characters and you get a drop, it'd be nice to be able to manage all their gear from one place as I don't always know who has what.
Edited by MerLock on 2/4/2012 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 07:23 AMPosted by DinoX
they should implement heroes to automatically play and pass the game for us

Is that the best you can come up with? You seriously need a lesson in either logic or how to better articulate yourself, or both.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
While I agree it would be a cool feature, your initial post makes it sound like it's a big deal. Really if you aren't wearing the item, you should have it in your stash anyways. Splitting it into 8 steps sure makes that 30 seconds seem long.
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Draigonis
While I agree it would be a cool feature, your initial post makes it sound like it's a big deal. Really if you aren't wearing the item, you should have it in your stash anyways. Splitting it into 8 steps sure makes that 30 seconds seem long.

Well, I went through some scenarios where things got a little bit challenging. I have 6 characters all at lvl 13. I wanted to maximize their DPS by optimizing their gear, e.g., stuff with +Dex goes to the DH or the Monk. What I had to do was start a game 6 times, have all of them dump everything they are wearing into the stash, start a game 6 more times, and take only what suitable. It was very tedious. I also had some gear that could've went to multiple characters. I once again had to do this process for those characters just to figure out who is the best one to wear it. See? It's not as clean and easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Well, I went through some scenarios where things got a little bit challenging. I have 6 characters all at lvl 13. I wanted to maximize their DPS by optimizing their gear, e.g., stuff with +Dex goes to the DH or the Monk. What I had to do was start a game 6 times, have all of them dump everything they are wearing into the stash, start a game 6 more times, and take only what suitable. It was very tedious. I also had some gear that could've went to multiple characters. I once again had to do this process for those characters just to figure out who is the best one to wear it. See? It's not as clean and easy.

Well I will say that you changed my mind, I no longer think it's a good idea. Not sure how to explain my feelings on this, but I now agree with the designer... Guess the best thing I can think of is be preventative and not reactive. If you are on a non dex class and pick up a dex item that seems decent, put it in your stash, if you are on a non int char and pick up something with int that looks good, put it in the stash. Will save you alot of time in the future and doesn't require anyone else changing but yourself. The only reason I see you should be unequipping 6 chars to super gear one is if you have 6 dh/monk combinations or 6 wiz/witch doctor combo chars. And even this shouldn't be a common enough occurrence worth having the devs to change code and bring up possible bugs to save you maybe an hour per year.
Edited by Draigonis on 2/4/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Draigonis
Well I will say that you changed my mind, I no longer think it's a good idea. Not sure how to explain my feelings on this, but I now agree with the designer... Guess the best thing I can think of is be preventative and not reactive. If you are on a non dex class and pick up a dex item that seems decent, put it in your stash, if you are on a non int char and pick up something with int that looks good, put it in the stash. Will save you alot of time in the future and doesn't require anyone else changing but yourself. The only reason I see you should be unequipping 6 chars to super gear one is if you have 6 dh/monk combinations or 6 wiz/witch doctor combo chars. And even this shouldn't be a common enough occurrence worth having the devs to change code and bring up possible bugs to save you maybe an hour per year.

Not super gearing one, but to optimize each item's value. Here's something that happened to me:

I found an axe that had +20 dex and +23 strength. I have a monk and a barbarian who can make use of this axe. But I have no idea which one of them would need it more. When comparing DPS increases, the barb won by a slight margin. When considering the lack of equal or better alternatives, the monk had an edge on claiming the axe. There were many other considerations, but long story short, I dumped all their gear into the stash and compared them side by side. It turns out, the best solution was to give the axe to the monk, give the monk's boots to the barb, and swap their bracers. It's all very simple math. But I couldn't see it until I was able to move the gear around visually.

It would've been helpful if I were able to manage everyone's gears in one single location. As of now, I won't even dare to attempt an optimization process across all 10 of my characters. Just starting and leaving games alone would take an entire day LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]