Diablo® III

My Beta Invite Rant Thread....

Well, I have been trying to get into beta since the F&F started... I have entered contests through Facebook, Twitter, and 3rd party websites... I was so thrilled to see Blizzard's post of 100,000 beta invites going out and 3 of my friends called me to say that they had opted in a week ago and got their invites... I logged into my battle.net account just waiting to see that D3 beta waiting for me... Nothing... Nada... Zip...

Granted, I know the game can't be too much farther off, but I just wanted a little taste of it to hold me over til release... It just seems to me that if they are going to be giving so many players invites to the game, why not just have an open beta??

Rant Over...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian

Here's your taste
Reply Quote
The word of the day is patience.
Reply Quote
Go play at your friends house.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I feel your pain, a few of my friends have gotten in and I am yet to see a beta invite. Sadly its really just luck of the draw.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I've been opted into beta since you were allowed to, as I also did some of the contests to try and win. It goes along with SWTOR beta, where I opted in the week you were able to. Have had an account since '09 and did not get a beta invite until the week before release which was open beta....

So I have given up a long time ago that I will ever be able to play this game and just stick to reality, BF3, WoW, SWTOR, D2...because playing this beta won't happen =/
Reply Quote
If 3 of your friends got in just ask one of them to let you play for a bit.
Reply Quote
Well, I have been trying to get into beta since the F&F started... I have entered contests through Facebook, Twitter, and 3rd party websites... I was so thrilled to see Blizzard's post of 100,000 beta invites going out and 3 of my friends called me to say that they had opted in a week ago and got their invites... I logged into my battle.net account just waiting to see that D3 beta waiting for me... Nothing... Nada... Zip...

Granted, I know the game can't be too much farther off, but I just wanted a little taste of it to hold me over til release... It just seems to me that if they are going to be giving so many players invites to the game, why not just have an open beta??

Rant Over...

i know how you feel, i did all of that and more. MUCH more...

Reply Quote
I kept my dignity and didnt use facebook or twitter.
Reply Quote
There is a big difference between 100,000 and Open beta. If they went with Open beta, their server would simply be capped out and potentially crash/lag. The reason why it was 100,000 in the NA is that the server is located in the NA. They are not testing all of their servers, just making sure the hardware for the server works with many players.

Most likely, the server cannot handle Open Beta numbers and starting up multiple servers (which is unnecessary) only costs more money and wastes more time.
Reply Quote
If it makes you feel any better, I've had the beta for 7 days and the servers have been down so much I've only been able to play for 2 of those days. You're not missing out too badly.
Edited by ThizzFace on 2/4/2012 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
There is a big difference between 100,000 and Open beta. If they went with Open beta, their server would simply be capped out and potentially crash/lag. The reason why it was 100,000 in the NA is that the server is located in the NA. They are not testing all of their servers, just making sure the hardware for the server works with many players.

Most likely, the server cannot handle Open Beta numbers and starting up multiple servers (which is unnecessary) only costs more money and wastes more time.

um no not really, first off they had planned to release the game along time ago. therefore it goes to reason that they HAVE all the servers already worldwide, meaning turn more costs them next to nothing.
second they DO need to test all their servers before launch day.

hoe many people do u really think would be active at one time? do u own starcraft 2? it freaking tells you how many games are up. sc2 has been released for 2 years you want to know how many game there are up worldwide at the moment?
fifteen thousand.

the servers can handle open beta easy.

don't pretend to be knowledgeable about something which u clearly are not.

when they stress test the server they are calculation how MANY game they can use per server, how the overflow works there are tons of data they get from stress test.

the know bloody well thier severs are going to work with that many players. what they are doing is making them work better an more efficiently.

they are not doing open beta becuase they fell that they will get too much feedback making the actual data that much harder to find. which IMO is frankly BS becuase sending out 100k keys has already done that, and all they are doing now is keeping the good beta testers who didn't get in form providing actual productive feedback.
(you know the people who actually know what a beta is and how to test).

if everyone in beta wtm knew how to properly beta test, i would be disappointed i didn't get in. but at least i would know those who did get in are using the privilege well and provide good feedback.

what make me angry is all the idoit i see running around with a beta key absolutely worthless to blizzard getting in before i do. and them having more than 1 key.

an open beta would allow the people who WANT the beta test the games to get in.

if you don't WANT to beta test then your a useless tester.
Reply Quote
Very well said FurryFury... My thoughts exactly!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]