Diablo® III

Demon Hunter build. open to suggestions

29 Undead Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSgliU!WbU!YabacZ

Basically uses multishot to generate discipline and then smokescreen/shadow power generate mass hatred. which hopefully allows me to use RoV alot. Wondering which rune for Rain of vengeance because it already does 600% without one. and most the runes i dont think are very cool. I want to rain arrows. lol

My main concern is that i dont really have a single target skill so Fan of Knives might become Rapid fire or Impale instead.

Im lookin forward to trying this out.

thoughts??
Edited by Humphreace on 2/8/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
stop with the new threads to spam your build. you have no specific reasoning behind your build. is it for pvp? is it for pve? is it for 1v1? is it for boss fights? mob clearing? your build is all over the place, and has no apparent focus on any specific fight.
Reply Quote
Looks like a clear cut AoE build to me. also yeah rapid fire is awesome both both multiple targets and single targets.
Reply Quote
29 Undead Rogue
Im not spamming my build this only build I've posted

Its for dealing with mobs quickly. Easily maintaining high hatred to use Rain of Vengeance alot.

Also thanks for being an !@#!

PvM or PvE or whatever its called now.

Point of build if didn't see it.

Entangling shot with indigo to slow six instead of two. Once slowed use AoE such as Rain of Vengeance.

Shadow power and Smoke screen runed for high hatred gains to use Rain whenever possible.

Multi Shot for AoE damage when Rain is cooling also regens discipline to keep Shadow Power and SS online.

Fan of Knives for nuke if they get close but considering Rapid Fire in its place.

Passives

Vengeance for extra hatred cause builed is spendy

Brooding for life gain between mobs

Perfectionist to reduce costs of Shadow Power and Smoke Screen since im using them as pseudo generators.

I hope Rain of Vengeance is awesome i just don't know which rune to use. But I know i wanna use it.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSZliQ!bWU!YaYaca

Decent Build, but some changes were necessary.

-I removed FOK and replaced it with Impale for single target damage. FOK was unnecessary with invisibility, in my opinion. However that could be replaced back to FOK or maybe chakram if you wanted.

-I replaced Shadow Power with marked for death. Shadow power was completely useless with multishot because there is no channel. The only thing it would apply to is your base attack, and I don't think you will be using that much. I instead gave you marked for death for single target damage AS well as a life steal (rune) for when you are in combat.

Other than that it looked like a decent build. I think another change that might be decent would be removing rain of vengeance and replacing it with caltrops, because multishot will probably mow down mobs the same as rain of vengeance (unknown for sure). If you did add caltrops I would also call of the weak and replace it with brooding for more damage with entangling shot and caltrops. I believe brooding will end up becoming unnecessary with MERCS and life steal from marked for death by late game, but I didn't want to change the build to much so I left it as is.

-Phantom

Edited by Phantom on 2/9/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
It does indeed look like an AoE build. I do have some suggestions which you might want to look into.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSlPiU!XbU!YaYbcZ

Reasons:

Kept Entangle Shot because of slow, AoE, and hatred-generator.

Multishot kept because.. well.. AoE and Disc regen.

FoK - > Cluster Arrows Golden. The reason I suggested this is because I am not sure if you would want 2 cooldowns on this character. With 2 high costing Disc skills, 2 cool downs, 1 hatred-regen, and a mediocre AoE hatred-spender, it might drag you down a bit. I suggested this because: A nice life regain and AoE. You might want to change this as it does cost 50 Hatred and does about the same as Multishot (it does give life though). (Rapid Fire might work in this case, but be careful with that choice, because it will eat your hatred up pretty quick. Depending on how Strafe works, you might want to get that with the Indigo Rune for 520% more attack speed... As my last suggestion: Impale with Crimson. More mob than AoE, but does quite a bit of damage.)

RoV Alabaster -> RoV Indigo: No real reason, as all these skills would really need to be seen in action to decide, however, I do like the fact it is 12 seconds. So you would only be waiting for 18~ seconds.

Kept Smoke Screen because of survivability and Hatred.

Kept Shadow Power. Not too sure about this one though. Could be possibly switched out. (At least rune wise. But the hatred regen seems like a good idea to me still, so that is why I stuck with it.)

Passives:
Brooding -> Night Stalker. I am just not a big fan of brooding really. I suggested this because it seems you want to keep your Disc skills up most of the time. It is this or Archery.

(As another note: If you don't use Cluster Arrow, you might want to put Alabaster in Shadow Power, if you are worried out life regain.)

Vengeance and Perfectionist kept for Disc/Hatred reasons.

Hope that helps a bit and gives you some more ideas. :3
Edited by StaIker on 2/9/2012 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
29 Undead Rogue
Ty Guys :)

I have been thinking of dropping FoK as well I just think its a badass skill but overall unnecessary.

Maybe something that would abuse shadow power, yeah i dont channel but i thought would be able to spam multi faster - dunno if thats how it works. I do want to keep shadow power for the hatred per second gain.

Rain I really need to see what the runes do to pick almost seems like i'd wanna leave it unruned for the 600% lol. The indigo does last longer though.

I really like the nightstalked idea with the Shadow power I def will switch that up.

Does anyone know if Shadow Power will let me shoot more multishots? I'll post changes soon.
Edited by Humphreace on 2/9/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ty Guys :)

I have been thinking of dropping FoK as well I just think its a badass skill but overall unnecessary.

Maybe something that would abuse shadow power, yeah i dont channel but i thought would be able to spam multi faster - dunno if thats how it works. I do want to keep shadow power for the hatred per second gain.

Rain I really need to see what the runes do to pick almost seems like i'd wanna leave it unruned for the 600% lol. The indigo does last longer though.

I really like the nightstalked idea with the Shadow power I def will switch that up.

Does anyone know if Shadow Power will let me shoot more multishots? I'll post changes soon.

I don't really think if any knows if it will let you shoot it faster, since the ability is past beta. However my guess is that without shadow power it will just be an instant shot of multiple arrows, like in the description, and with shadow power it does the same since there is nothing to shoot faster? I would believe that would be the best idea for the ability going by the description, but nobody know for sure.

Keeping shadow power for just the hatred really isn't worth it. 20 discipline =/= 8 hatred.

*** If you need hatred bad i would suggest going for the bat companion, it is not only cheaper, but last longer and gives 2.5 hatred a second!
Reply Quote
29 Undead Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSXliU!abU!YabacZ

Changed it to rapid fire(gold to reduce hatred cost and provide different damage type) and added tactical advantage to move faster after Smoke screen.

I didn't think it would make it shoot faster I was thinking reduce the time between bursts I'll have to see when the game comes.

Might go with strafe but when i look at it I am not attracted to it.

Reply Quote
I believe we can spam it since it has no cool down....
Reply Quote
29 Undead Rogue
I assume we can as well but was hoping that with the IAS would be able to spam faster. Kind of like with FCR for FB in D2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]