Diablo® III

We have every right to be upset!

02/09/2012 03:02 PMPosted by D3BETA
Ardis, did they change anything you were getting? Did they make it 18 months instead of 12? Seriously.... so tired of GED imbeciles.

Changing the wording of part of a contract which was a huge selling point for people is borderline fraud. Also nice thinking I have just a GED and trying to insult me about that, ToS anyone? Reported? You bet. just a FYI FSCJ College Jacksonville is what I'm about to be attending so nice try on the GED insult.

edit: Also I didn't buy it but I can see WHY people are upset about all of this instead of just going for insults for anyone I don't agree with. I pre ordered the collectors edition and THAT is all I have my money into.
Edited by Ardis on 2/9/2012 3:07 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Ok, now, has the CONTRACT actually changed? I'm talking about the terms of use, not the FAQ. Because the Terms of Use are what you actually agreed to.

Provided that you fulfill the requirements stated herein, Blizzard Entertainment will: (i) Upon the release of World of Warcraft Patch 4.3.0 to the public North American World of Warcraft servers, add a Tyrael’s Charger mount to your Account; (ii) upon the retail launch of Diablo III in your country of residence, add a standard edition Diablo III retail license to your Account, where you may download a standard edition version of Diablo III that corresponds with your country settings; and (iii) flag the Account so that you will automatically receive an invite to the beta test for the next World of Warcraft expansion product.

If the wording of this document changed, even if it didn't have any "real" effect, then we should have been required to re-agree to the altered terms. (At least I think so, not a lawyer. :-) )
I didn't take a screen shot of it when I agreed, but I sincerely doubt that the language of the terms changed.
85 Goblin Warrior
Bashiok,
You're completely correct. But I can see how the spirit of the arrangement for a lot of people feels a bit sullied by the game's delay. I am in no way defending the idea of the annual pass arrangement being fraud; I do however think it should be instructive to your company that people "feel" this way.

It's true that subscribers will get a free copy of the game upon release, but the window between which people lay out the money and receive promised copy has the potential to alienate some customers. In this way, it doesn't matter if they have been scammed or not-it only matters that they perceive they have been strung along. There is some potential damage in customer/company relations in this.

For the record, I did not sign up for the annual pass, but I did pre-order the game. Best-Buy keeps sending me updates on my order...
This is what Blizzard is doing right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xkhqce43mA
[quote]

how about when blizz changed the wording in a contract to "early next year" to "when the game is released" after lord knows how many people bought it. THAT is what has me worried.

If the contract still said early next year, then it would be referring to 2013.
85 Orc Death Knight
02/09/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
Even worse, I think the WoW pass thing is borderline FRAUD!

I've seen these threads before, and it’s concerning to me. I'm confused as to what people believed the Annual Pass provided when they signed up.

It's a year-long World of Warcraft contract for people who would be playing World of Warcraft for the next year, but who also want to play Diablo III. In those cases we say Ok, agree to pay through for that year, and you don't have to make the choice, we'll give you Diablo III for free, plus a bunch of other goodies just in case you're not totally sold.

I'm not sure how a Diablo III release date impacts your intent to continue playing and paying for World of Warcraft for a year. Or maybe a better question is, how does a free copy of Diablo III being released at any different point in time affect your intent to pay for World of Warcraft for a year?

Even if Diablo III was to release after your 1 year contract was up and paid off, you're saving the cost of a copy of Diablo III, and keeping all the extras. I don't see how that's a trick, or a scam, or otherwise a bad deal. Unless you were buying it, not intending to play WoW, believing it would get you Diablo III sooner than other people?

I sympathize with people excited about the game, and disappointed it’s not out, I want it to be finished as much as anyone, but I just have trouble understanding this point as I see it consistently made.

Well put. I play wow all the time. So why not get some goodies for doing so?
02/09/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Cerz
You don't lead your faithful customers into thinking that you have timeframes for certain games, encourage them to sign up for a year contract, and then push a bunch of release dates back.

Faithful? I think the word you're looking for is impatient.

Faithful customers would understand a delay as they appreciate Blizzard's dedication.
48 Human Rogue
NOTHING changed about the actual contract. 2011 came and went and was edited to note that change. Jesus, people need reading comprehension skills.

*edit* and maybe an intro law course

I have customers who sign 5 year commitments with me at my job, at NO POINT in time during that time period is that contract changed, without of course both parties redoing it and agreeing upon it.
How about the fact that Blizzard advertised D3 as coming out "Q1 2012" and made it seem like MoP would come out in the summer (no more 1 year patches like icc, 1.5 years between expansions, blah blah)....

So tons of people bought the AP going "ok play 4.3 for a few months, then play a little less when D3 comes out, as it will be out at a perfect time right between 4.3 and MoP."

Now it seems D3 isn't coming out anytime soon, and that will probably delay MoP as well...

You don't lead your faithful customers into thinking that you have timeframes for certain games, encourage them to sign up for a year contract, and then push a bunch of release dates back.

^^This.

I do not get this; when did Blizzard state (officially without retracted statement) that it was coming out in Q1 2012? I realize many people assumed Q1, but I have yet to see it. Perhaps I just missed the post by Blizzard where it stated Q1.

Now it seems D3 isn't coming out anytime soon, and that will probably delay MoP as well...

The conclusion is based on a circumstantial and rather unknown premise. MoP has their own team, and claiming it will delay without any actual reason hinders this point as well.
Blizzard Employee
I know there was some wording on a website page somewhere saying 'early next year', but I'm not aware of the actual Annual Pass agreement having any release date schedule ever mentioned for Diablo III or the Mists beta.

In any case, assumptions that a contract was in any way changed aside, it doesn't change the value of the Annual Pass and the fact that you're getting Diablo III for free.
Edited by Bashiok on 2/9/2012 3:11 PM PST
I know there was some wording on a website page somewhere saying 'early next year', but I'm not aware of the actual Annual Pass agreement having any release date schedule mentioned for Diablo III or the Mists beta.

In any case, assumptions that a contract was in any way changed aside, it doesn't change the value of the Annual Pass and the fact that you're getting Diablo III for free.

Agreed,

It is not like the game is being delayed just for the Annual Pass users. Just break down the point of the Annual Pass; You Opt-in for a concrete years pass for WoW, in doing so, you get Diablo III for free as well as other goodies.

Just send out more beta invites and all this QQing will go away... At least until the people who didn't get invited start crying again...
My main issue is that when the AP was first offered we were in the 'early 2012' period after the 'soon was too soon' post. Most people would agree that early 2012 is Jan-April (using the early, mid, late paradigm). Since Q2 also includes April that's why I'm not raging yet. I am however quite concerned that with Mike saying no Q1 and targeting Q2 that means Blizz now has a 30 day window to hit this mark.
Most people who got the AP got it right when it was announced (or about) thus were expecting an Early 2012 release. If the game comes out in May or later those people will feel scammed regardless.

scuse me for being a bit blunt but im on my 6th shot of vodka since I heard this news today

Really? Seek help. I didn't need SIX shots of vodka to calm me down when my dog was hit by a car. it's a game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]