Diablo® III

Cancel Collectors And Receive D3 Regardless

Hi guys;

This isnt a troll thread, nor it is about someone who is discouraged by playing beta and want to let go of all that has to do with the Diablo 3. Threads that is followed by the "see you at the release date," posts. Its none of that.

Ofcourse you'll see me at the release date and through out the other dates before that.

I have a question to the guys, who have booked the Collectors edition through EBgames as well as agreed to the WOW's Annual Pass, which means we are guaranteed to have the game (2 copies of it). I wish to cancel the CE and I was wondering how many of you have done that.

See the thing is, I dont want to have too many copies of one game. The second copy of the game and the previous "battle chests" is kind of useless. I've been meaning to cancel the Collectors Edition that I booked at EBgames (online) for some time due to money issue.

Has anyone who agreed to WOW's Annual Pass thought about canceling the collectors?
Edited by D3BETA on 2/9/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you register the CE over your Annual Pass version you're credited for four months of game time, which is the approximate cost difference.
Reply Quote
You are aware that you are credited for 4 months of WoW time if you get the CE right? 4 x $15 = $60. I have the pass and I'm getting the CE for the extras and to show my support for something I've waited a long time for.

I can download my annual pass copy at midnight, then put my CE key on my account as an upgrade. This grants me four months of WoW. Make sense? Good!

Edit: oohhhh Bash is a sneaky lil devil.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/9/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
money issues...get a job maybe?
Reply Quote
02/09/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
If you register the CE over your Annual Pass version you're credited for four months of game time, which is the approximate cost difference.
The question is whether or not those 4 months will end up applying in their entirety to the annual pass. IE, if it comes out before the end of June. Yes, that's the current plan, but plans change. :P

If the release date slips again, then people who only intended to get the year at the cost of 8 months (with the CE) may end up paying the full cost of the year.

The only problem is, for those of us who only intend to commit for the year, rather than keep paying afterwards, are we better off getting another 3 or 6 month sub, or paying monthly between now and when we get our CE (and our 4 month credit.)
Reply Quote

So does that mean I can cancel 4 months earlier or do I get 4 new months. I am so confused.
Reply Quote
02/09/2012 02:49 PMPosted by VonHardy
money issues...get a job maybe?

You make it sound soo easy my good sir. xD
Reply Quote
02/09/2012 02:56 PMPosted by D3BETA
You make it sound soo easy my good sir. xD
"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet!? And squeeze down into a job cannon? AND FIRE OFF IN TO JOB LAND! WHERE JOBS GROW ON JOBEES!"
Edited by Static on 2/9/2012 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
quarter 2 is April, May, & June.

If the game comes out on June 30th, then the game time will cover: July, August, September & October - and most people got their annual pass at the end of October.

So, a quarter 2 release date is still within the confines of covering 4 months of your WoW annual pass.

If they make the Q2 estimate, then the time won't go over your annual pass time and you wouldn't otherwise be paying for more WoW. It is also likely that we could see it in April, giving you several months after your 4 free months to still have to pay your WOW subscription.

Now, if you can't afford the collector's edition, that is a completely different thing and a personal issue that has nothing to do with the release date of the game.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/9/2012 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2012 03:01 PMPosted by D3BETA
If they make the Q2 estimate, then the time won't go over your annual pass time and you wouldn't otherwise be paying for more WoW.
Oh, I know. I'm just saying. Release target window changes have happened before, and as of this one, people like myself have to start betting money on one outcome or the other. ;)

That said, if they really did only decide they needed a Q2 extension this week, you're probably right, and it may very well come in april. That thought makes me excited. :]
Edited by Static on 2/9/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Thank you. Yes it was stated that you will get 4 months of wow, free of charge, if you buy the Collectors. The thing is, I will end up with extra copies of the games that are not tradable.

Besides, since I am running kind of low on cash at the moment. I am trying to balance out the cost of World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria and Starcraft 2: Heart of The Swarm, along with diablo 3. All three of them are coming out this year.

At this moment, it is too early to do anything. I just thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone came across this issue.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile

At this moment, it is too early to do anything. I just thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone came across this issue.

If you really can't afford a CE, then don't get a CE. You have to do whatever ends up being financially responsible. Personally, I'm not going to get a CE and I'm just going to take the free D3 copy I get with my annual pass because I can't afford a CE for D3 on my grad student stipend.

You don't end up with 2 copies of D3 under the annual pass if you get the CE. You get the months of game time instead of the free D3 copy - it basically just upgrades that single copy of the game to the CE.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/9/2012 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
02/09/2012 03:01 PMPosted by D3BETA
Now, if you can't afford the collector's edition, that is a completely different thing and a personal issue that has nothing to do with the release date of the game.

Maybe if it comes out in April he won't be able to afford the CE and the extra few months of WoW time on top, compared to end of June with a couple more months to get some money together and no more wow to pay after getting the CE.
Reply Quote

If you really can't afford a CE, then don't get a CE. You have to do whatever ends up being financially responsible. Personally, I'm not going to get a CE and I'm just going to take the free D3 copy I get with my annual pass because I can't afford a CE for D3 on my grad student stipend.

You don't end up with 2 copies of D3 under the annual pass if you get the CE. You get the months of game time instead of the free D3 copy - it basically just upgrades that single copy of the game to the CE.

I know, Blizz made sure that we wont endup with 2 copies of D3. I was talking about the versions earlier. You are likely to endup with D2 and D2 Lord of Destruction, while having the Diablo 2 battle chest on your account. if you know what I mean ( two copies of the previous versions.) If the free copy that we will get from the annual pass is legit I'll definitely cancel this one.

No offense to the Dev teams and the Epic artists of Blizzard Diablo side. I am sure I will be seeking for Diablo 3 CE at Future shop or Ebay, later on when I can fully afford it.

I wish there was a way to let us trade those extra copies of the games we get from collectors for Wow's subscription, or trade them for Blizzard's store credit to save for new games. Like we do on EBgames. :(

Thanks Mr Blue and Mr Green for posting. =]
Edited by D3BETA on 2/9/2012 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
02/09/2012 03:26 PMPosted by SweetieBum
What is funny about this is blizzard effectively went from charging the customer 8 months of wow and + 4 free months after buying collecters to the customer paying an extra 60$ to get 12 months of wow + 4 free. Effectively locking them into WOW for 16 months not 12.

That's what I thought it looked like. Crediting +4 free months of wow time just means after your 12 months you have another 4 free.
Reply Quote

I know, Blizz made sure that we wont endup with 2 copies of D3. I was talking about the versions earlier. You are likely to endup with D2 and D2 Lord of Destruction, while having the Diablo 2 battle chest on your account. if you know what I mean ( two copies of the previous versions.) If the free copy that we will get from the annual pass is legit I'll definitely cancel this one.

No offense to the Dev teams and the Epic artists of Blizzard Diablo side. I am sure I will be seeking for Diablo 3 CE at Future shop or Ebay, later on when I can fully afford it.

I wish there was a way to let us trade those extra copies of the games we get from collectors for Wow's subscription, or trade them for Blizzard's store credit to save for new games. Like we do on EBgames. :(

Thanks Mr Blue and Mr Green for posting. =]

You won't physically have TWO boxes of the game. You'll have 1 digital copy (download) and then your box CE. You apply your CE to your digital copy and voila... an upgraded account, 4 months of extra warcraft, and only one box of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I do have a small question I have not found an answer to.

Lets say I am signed up for the pass (and I am) and want to get the collectors edition also. Is it possible to gift the free normal version of D3 to a friend or family member and keep the collectors edition for myself? Or is the free copy just simply credited toward your account automatically?
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Shaman
the free copy is automatically granted to your account
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]