Diablo® III

Grenades Ability

The Grenades ability seems to get Blocked a TON from mobs with shields.

Is this working as intended/imagined? Is there directional recognition for where damage comes from? Should there be if there isn't?

Say a shield may in fact be able to mitigate or block an explosion from the front, but certainly not from the back or sides. If D3 is going with the same blocking scheme as D2, it's a %chance based on shield chance and dexterity and applicable to most projectiles and attacks.

But, to stay on topic, Grenades seem to be blocked disproportionately more than any other projectile -- which I've hardly noticed being blocked under any circumstances. This is using a lot of bola shot, chakram, elemental arrow, etc. and then suddenly seeing *block* *block* *block* from grenades.
Reply Quote
Maybe 'cause they're so weak now, being a generator. Still sounds bad.
Reply Quote
It seems potent to me. As a generator, Grenades are fully spammable and I love that you can choose either short or long range with a single ability. Try gathering up as big of a pack of mobs as possible and spamming grenades - you'll be able to wipe them out easily enough. With the mobility DH has from the cartwheel thing, that's actually pretty safe and easy to do.

In general, I'm just getting more confused as to how block is working in the game.
Edited by MrK on 2/12/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
gernades are the best for barrels and pots.. otherwise id stick to main attacks for monsters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]