Diablo® III

D3 in June

I hope diablo 3 goes retail in june. That way I have all summer to play it! Please blizzard.. I want to sell my soul to diablo this summer.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I hope they wait untill affter summer when anyone under 17 is back in school. Why? I am that guy!!

Ok not really I just want to play the darn game!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
although it would be nice for all the middle and high schoolers to get screwed out of it while the older audience gets to enjoy it....

/sigh @ perfect world -- also, inb4 reported by middle schoolers
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'd rather have high schoolers over college kids. At least high schoolers know they aren't grownups yet. No such luck with college kids.

Edit: Not that anyone would have been able to convince me that I wasn't grown up when I was in college. I'd suggest I was mature for my age, and/or cite various responsible things I did or thought or said, etc. And then time makes fools of us all.
Edited by Sense on 2/12/2012 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
High schoolers over college kids? When's the last time you spoke to a high schooler, Sense? Right now I don't see you making any of it.

Honestly, what we really need is a 23+ server. I think we can at least foster an agreement on that one.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I'd rather have high schoolers over college kids. At least high schoolers know they aren't grownups yet. No such luck with college kids.

Edit: Not that anyone would have been able to convince me that I wasn't grown up when I was in college. I'd suggest I was mature for my age, and/or cite various responsible things I did or thought or said, etc. And then time makes fools of us all.

I am 32 years old and I am no grownup! Infact I would bet that most high school kids are more mature than I am. Mite be why I am that guy!!
Reply Quote
High schoolers over college kids? When's the last time you spoke to a high schooler, Sense? Right now I don't see you making any of it.

Honestly, what we really need is a 23+ server. I think we can at least foster an agreement on that one.

Considering that "servers" don't really exist in Diablo, and also considering that your age has very little to do with overall maturity... Sense? You're not making any.
Reply Quote
although it would be nice for all the middle and high schoolers to get screwed out of it while the older audience gets to enjoy it....

/sigh @ perfect world -- also, inb4 reported by middle schoolers

You know the average american child would skip school for it, and the average american parent would let it happen... This is why we're the only country that has "GED"s... You either graduated school or you didn't lol.
Reply Quote

Considering that "servers" don't really exist in Diablo, and also considering that your age has very little to do with overall maturity... Sense? You're not making any.

Actually each gateway/realm is run on a separate server where characters are stored. In addition there is also a login server which handles the battle.net stuff like realID friends and your login. But it's still different than WoW in that there's only one per region, just wanted to correct you, I'm that bored right now... Beta has nothing more to offer lol waiting for next patch. Think I got some of the best rares you can get for lvl 13.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Not sure what that last part is. But to answer the first, more often than I'd like, haha. I'd just as soon avoid both sets most of the time, tbh, but as regards RPG games (FPS might be different, FPS players in general seem to regress during gameplay) college kids are a real bane. I don't know if it's the double-whammy of getting their first taste of freedom combined with the freedom of anonymity, but man, so many just lose it, no sense of consequences of their actions, no respect for anything like a community, a complete me-first orientation, etc.

Obviously I'm painting with broad strokes here; of course there are miserable wretches in high school and very adult, very fun gamers who are still in college. But the misplaced notion of maturity as a result of simply being older seems strongest right in that college-age bracket, and it's something I've noticed for as long as I've been gaming online (so, 1996 or so, when I myself was still a high schooler).
Reply Quote
I don't think people become more mature as they grow older, but a good deal of people become a little more quiet and less in your face about things. More importantly it's the environment where a larger number of folks know not to entertain others making a spectacle of themselves.

Edit: I'm just messing with you a bit and I mean no disrespect (I don't wish to come off that way) - I've dealt with a number of high schoolers in WoW and IRL recently and my younger brother by a few years is in college. I know what you're talking about.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Why do we care about maturity?! I just want to make school kids cry! Where dose maturity come into play at all?
Reply Quote
I'm guessing April. April 14th. I don't know why, but that just feels right.
Reply Quote
Excuse me? I have a GED and went to graduated magna !@# laude in Computer Science then went and picked up Associates in Psychology and another in Sociology. Again, with honors.Some people grow up in broken homes, have traumatic events disrupt their high school, or otherwise are unable to complete traditional high school. While my classmates were still playing around in Study Hall and eating cafeteria lunch I was enrolled in college.Sorry to knock you off your elitist high horse, but I loathe stereotypes.

Everyone has a PHD online.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Fors
I'm guessing April. April 14th. I don't know why, but that just feels right.

That sounds nice to me...I mean, we're almost halfway through February already, and didn't Blizzard say in their investors' conference call that we'd hear more about the release date in the next few weeks?
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Kasai
didn't Blizzard say in their investors' conference call that we'd hear more about the release date in the next few weeks?

That may be true, but as of right now we still have no info. on when the release date for the releasing of the release date will be.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 11:30 AMPosted by xOEsCaPeD
I hope diablo 3 goes retail in june. That way I have all summer to play it! Please blizzard.. I want to sell my soul to diablo this summer.

Try going outside once in awhile.

P.S. LOL @ GED.
Reply Quote

I am 32 years old and I am no grownup! Infact I would bet that most high school kids are more mature than I am. Mite be why I am that guy!!

Hows moms basement? Dark and damp like the underwear drawer?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]