Diablo® III

High Resolution Texture Pack?

(Locked)

With the increasing attempts to get games to play on a wider range of computers, game resolution has been reduced. I'm wondering whether Diablo 3 will have a High Resolution Texture Pack released for high end gaming systems. It may not be ready for release, but it would be nice to know whether Blizzard is thinking about this?

I know Bashiok has said basically said there won't be any ultra settings. However, I would love my character to have higher resolution, especially since the character is so small. Cheers.
85 Orc Death Knight
bash did say there will be no ultra at release.

I'm hoping they implement further graphics such as ultra setting or high res textures eventually.

I believe SC2 ultra mode was patched in after release as well.. *shrug*
I really do hope they improve the textures though, sometimes I think even torchlight looks more presentable for me, since some portions of the enviroment seem so blurred, it's like looking at my PS2.

I can accept the lack of polys in the models, but I want some better textures, to make playing it a bit more enjoyable.
90 Human Paladin
It would be awesome if Blizz could release texture packs for all their games, Diablo 3 and WoW included. Even Starcraft 2 has good looking graphics. I'm running two GTX 580's in SLI and they barely do anything when playing a Blizzard game. In the D3 beta, I get 130FPS on High settings with Ambient Occlusion and Anti-Aliasing.
04/14/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Apeh
It would be awesome if Blizz could release texture packs for all their games, Diablo 3 and WoW included. Even Starcraft 2 has good looking graphics. I'm running two GTX 580's in SLI and they barely do anything when playing a Blizzard game. In the D3 beta, I get 130FPS on High settings with Ambient Occlusion and Anti-Aliasing.

That goes for most all games now-a-days on pc, they are ports from consoles. Any real high end system is just a waste of money unless you like doing benchmarks all day. I just sold my SLI i7 rig, now running i5 with single card. Does seem smoother now overall, guess micro-stutter is still quite prevalent.
Edited by Joshmon on 4/14/2012 4:37 AM PDT
bash did say there will be no ultra at release.

I'm hoping they implement further graphics such as ultra setting or high res textures eventually.

I believe SC2 ultra mode was patched in after release as well.. *shrug*

sc2 shipped with ultra mode graphics but did have another one patched in called extreme.
it will be there its just a matter of when
04/14/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Joshmon
That goes for most all games now-a-days on pc, they are ports from consoles. Any real high end system is just a waste of money unless you like doing benchmarks all day. I just sold my SLI i7 rig, now running i5 with single card. Does seem smoother now overall, guess micro-stutter is still quite prevalent.

>Joshmon With 3 screen you cannot simply install 1 "cheap" Card. :P
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]