Diablo® III

Grug's Late Night Thread - Elixirs

♦♣♠♥ Grug's Late Night Thread ♥♠♣♦
Does your posting schedule not match the majority of the community? Do you enjoy discussing and debating Diablo 3 into the wee hours of the morning? Well, fellow night-owls, this is your spot. Because the night isn't over until you say so!

Tonight's topic is Elixirs. Once upon a time, Elixirs were dropped items that would provide a hefty buff to offense or defense for 5 minutes when consumed. However, they are not currently a part of Beta or the final game.

Do you think Elixirs would have been a good system to keep? What other effects might they have had?
Edited by Grug on 2/11/2012 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I grug how are you? I can't sleep
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Hellraiser
I grug how are you? I can't sleep
I'm also extremely tired, but sometimes sleep feels like giving up. And I don't give up.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
TALLY HO GRUG, TALLY HO!

Also no i don't like the idea of buff potion/scroll items since it will be something you feel compelled to have for inferno and will lead to general frustration imo. Better you are always at your max power and customization change how your stats go.
Edited by Hellzrogue on 2/11/2012 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I personally don't like potion-based buffs. I just feel like I'm wasting money using them (or gold). They take up inventory space and aren't an interesting mechanic to me. I'm sure there are those that enjoy them, but I don't like feeling I have to watch another timer to be playing "optimally."
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I think with the amount of defensive cooldowns all the classes have, and on top of the health globes, I don't think it'd be necessary. ya know.
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Hellzrogue
TALLY HO GRUG, TALLY HO!
I admit, making these late-night threads every night for the past 2.5 months has taken a toll for me, but I do it all for you guys. ♥
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 11:02 PMPosted by TomBombadil
I personally don't like potion-based buffs. I just feel like I'm wasting money using them (or gold). They take up inventory space and aren't an interesting mechanic to me. I'm sure there are those that enjoy them, but I don't like feeling I have to watch another timer to be playing "optimally."

Would you enjoy them more if they were "buff spheres" that just occasionally/randomly dropped like Health Globes?
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
02/11/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Grug
TALLY HO GRUG, TALLY HO!
I admit, making these late-night threads every night for the past 2.5 months has taken a toll for me, but I do it all for you guys. ♥

How long till blizzard hires you?
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />I admit, making these late-night threads every night for the past 2.5 months has taken a toll for me, but I do it all for you guys. ♥

Ask them, though I don't think I have the technical experience just yet. I am learning advanced Python at the moment, though.

I'm currently the head of the Game Development group at my college. We're cleaning up our first game a bit (Unity Engine) and starting another project with more people. It's nothing impressive, but I guess I can share it when it's done.
Edited by Grug on 2/11/2012 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
<span class="truncated" />

Ask them, though I don't think I have the technical experience just yet. I am learning advanced Python at the moment, though.

I'm currently the head of the Game Development group at my college. We're cleaning up our first game a bit (Unity Engine) and starting another project with more people. It's nothing impressive, but I guess I can share it when it's done.

I dont think you need to be technical experienced to do something like a forum mod though id assume many of them are.
Edited by Hellzrogue on 2/11/2012 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

I dont think you need to be technical experienced to do something like a forum mod though id assume many of them are.
Forum mod? Haha, I've never thought of that. I'm definitely not cut out for Community Management and Public Relations like Bashiok and Zarhym do. I hope I get MVP, though. °ᵜ°
Reply Quote
if they bring back the elixir like those in d1.......wait......im in :)

edit: they only drop in inferno
Edited by mprakathak on 2/11/2012 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Elixirs=alters you can carry nothing more
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
mmm I don't care for them - but if it means more varied drops from bookshelves and altars - add them!

(PS Maybe Wizard Tomes and small daggers/blades could drop from Bookshelves? Not that it really matters - maybe potions will be more valuable in the higher difficulties?)
Reply Quote
mmm I don't care for them - but if it means more varied drops from bookshelves and altars - add them!

(PS Maybe Wizard Tomes and small daggers/blades could drop from Bookshelves? Not that it really matters - maybe potions will be more valuable in the higher difficulties?)
Wouldn't it be wild if elixirs offered other benefits? Like getting bonus Thorns, or having basic attack shoot a firebolt. Just something to imagine.
Reply Quote
Elixers. yes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
02/12/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Grug
Wouldn't it be wild if elixirs offered other benefits? Like getting bonus Thorns, or having basic attack shoot a firebolt. Just something to imagine.

:x Elixers, potions, etc... are items that I always save... just incase there's something more difficult around the corner!

I don't think they are a bad Idea! and I think they could be pretty cool, just... I myself wouldn't probably use them. :P

P.S. I nominated you for MVP the other day! Good Luck! :P
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

Not all jobs require technical experience. You know how to use a forum board? You have good spelling and grammar? You know how to maintain a professional attitude? Congratulation's! You're qualified to be a moderator, or I guess they call them community managers here.

Personally I'd enjoy seeing your discussions spark up the forums on my gaming site lol, check it out.

Keep up the good work Grug.

<< EDIT >>

Lol forgot the whole reason I am here. I also agree that having it as an item makes you feel like you're missing out when you don't have it. But they also shouldn't drop as a globe, since they already have shrines. I believe shrines are good enough for this purpose, and rare enough, you don't want the buff the whole time. Although I would like the shrines to last 5 minutes rather than 2.

-Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]