Diablo® III

Will my macbook pro run Diablo3?

I bought a macbook pro about a year and a half ago. I got it right before starcraft 2 came out and that runs just fine on here.

My system specs are:
MacOS 10.6.8
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed:
2.42 GHz
System Memory:
4 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Video Card Memory:
256 MB
Reply Quote
The game will run acceptionally well on the Mac you have. You may have to run everything on Low or Off for the best performance. Also maybe some FPS lag during cluttered mob fights.
Reply Quote
After looking up some system requirements online. I saw what the mac requirements look like. I am concerned about my video card however.
Reply Quote
Hey there, here is the info for the systerm req for Diablo 3. You will find recommended and minimal.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

From what i see I would say that you will be able to run it just fine just not on max graphics without lag spikes.
Reply Quote
For sure thanks guys.
Reply Quote
No. The Geforce 320M is around the same performance of Intel's HD 3000 and that Core 2 Duo laptop CPU is basically at the low end of the recommended specs.

Plus, the Mac version of Diabo 3 will already be suffering from significantly lower performance than the equivalent PC counterpart since the game engine is designed primarily to run in Directx.

The game will probably still run, but it will not run at tolerable levels even if the graphical options are adjusted to the lowest possible settings.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 11:36 AMPosted by D3BETA
The game will probably still run, but it will not run at tolerable levels even if the graphical options are adjusted to the lowest possible settings.

This isnt 2001, they dont have those issues anymore.
Reply Quote
Hey. You should be able to run the game just fine. My 11 inch MacBook Air with Intel Core i7 and Intel HD 3000 runs it just fine on medium settings (more medium-low) without a hitch. Increasing textures and shadows = hit on frames per second.

My 2011 iMac with Intel Core i7, Radeon 6970m, 12 gb RAM and a non-SSD hard drive, is awesome.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Edward

This isnt 2001, they dont have those issues anymore.

Yeah, FPS limitations based on overall system performance doesn't exist anymore. Right.

The OP's system is worse than I use at work, which I can safely say would run D3, but certainly not very well.
Reply Quote
lol wow okay thanks Seraphi
Reply Quote
Ghost version of windows so you can play properly. lawl.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]