Diablo® III

Best MF and GF gear.

Anyone have any idea what the theoretical limit in beta would be for the most MF and GF on the same character?
Reply Quote

Belt = 7%
Ammy = 14%
Chest = 10%
Shoulder = 10%
Bracers = 10%
Gloves = 10%
Helmet = 10%
Boots = 10%
Pants = 13%
Shield/Quivers = 13%
Rings (x2) = 10% ea (although I've only ever seen 7% rings, I've heard there's 10% rings out there)

Total = 127%

You can also spec your Templar with MF gear for added MF (rings, ammy, and shield). I believe you get around 20% of the templars MF applied to yours.

I've done about 30 hours of MF runs with 107% MF (w/o ammy) and am somewhat frustrated by the lack of rares (only 2 outside of the first SK kill).
Reply Quote
Belt = 7%
Ammy = 14%
Chest = 10%
Shoulder = 10%
Bracers = 10%
Gloves = 10%
Helmet = 10%
Boots = 10%
Pants = 13%
Shield/Quivers = 13%
Rings (x2) = 10% ea (although I've only ever seen 7% rings, I've heard there's 10% rings out there)

Total = 127%

You can also spec your Templar with MF gear for added MF (rings, ammy, and shield). I believe you get around 20% of the templars MF applied to yours.

I've done about 30 hours of MF runs with 107% MF (w/o ammy) and am somewhat frustrated by the lack of rares (only 2 outside of the first SK kill).

What I'm doing is heavy GF and trying to look for an area to run that is quick, easy, and gives good gold. Then I can use this to craft or buy items from the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Shield/Quivers = 13%

Only quivers can go to 13% mf in the current patch. Shields only have max 10% mf
as this is for currently usable items only which is up to lvl 13 gear.
Edited by Hugetank on 2/12/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's only for MF though. What about gold find on the same items? I'm seeing an upward limit of about 18% on most items.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2012 01:44 PMPosted by D3BETA
That's only for MF though. What about gold find on the same items? I'm seeing an upward limit of about 18% on most items.

Belt = 15%
Ammy = 30% (highest currently seen)
Chest = 18%
Shoulder = 18%
Bracers = 18%
Gloves = 18%
Helmet = 15% (highest currently seen)
Boots = 18%
Pants = 18%
Shield/Quivers/orbs = 18%
Rings (x2) = 18% ea (highest currently seen)

Total = 222% Goldfind for usable items up to lvl 13
Edited by Hugetank on 2/13/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sitting at 204% GF and 39% MF on the same character so far...

Since this is going to be primarily a GF char, and then as much MF as possible, my best build should be as follows (with my current gear in parenthesis):

Belt = 15% GF 7% MF (15% GF 7% MF)
Ammy = 30% GF (12% GF)
Chest = 18% GF and 10% MF (15% GF and 5% MF)
Shoulder = 18% GF and 10% MF (18% GF and 10% MF)
Bracers = 18% GF and 10% MF (17% GF and 7% MF)
Gloves = 18% GF and 10% MF (18% MF)
Helmet = 15% GF (14% GF)
Boots = 18% GF (18% GF)
Pants = 18% GF and 13% MF (18% GF and 8% MF)
Shield/Quivers/orbs = 18% GF and 10% MF (18% GF)
Rings (x2) = 18% EA (15% EA)

Total Theoretical = 222% GF, 70% MF
Total Current = 193% GF, 37% MF (204% GF, 39% MF with follower)

Anyone seen boots/helmet with both stats? Or ring/ammy with both stats? I can't even imagine the price tag on those........
Edited by D3BETA on 2/13/2012 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Anyone seen boots/helmet with both stats? Or ring/ammy with both stats? I can't even imagine the price tag on those........

With boots rare max gf is 15% and 7%mf, but no non usable dual stats on magical boots.
Usable rare helms dual stats would be 15% gf and 7% mf , magical helms have not seen this dual stat.
Rare Rings can get 15% gf and 7% mf as well . have not seen dual stats mf and gf on magical rings
For amulets I havent seen the dual stat mf and gf yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
mmmmm where did you get that 15% GF belt ?
thats like twice mine atm
Reply Quote
I think it was a drop from Skeleton King. If not, AH.
Reply Quote
Follower MF items dont contribute to your own MF.

It will only help increase drop rates for mobs he kills. If your killing them then your MF applies.

I tested this by adding 2 rings with 7% MF each and in the detail pane, my MF didn't move an inch.

Current MF i have is 100% on a sorc
Edited by Archangel on 2/16/2012 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Follower MF items dont contribute to your own MF.

It will only help increase drop rates for mobs he kills. If your killing them then your MF applies.

I tested this by adding 2 rings with 7% MF each and in the detail pane, my MF didn't move an inch.

Current MF i have is 100% on a sorc

You are actually incorrect your followers mf does convert over to your magicfind and he does not have to kill for you to get his magic find % bonus.. You only get about 20% of what he has equipped soo if you had 2x7% rings it should at least given you 2-3%

Also make sure when you have checked the detailed stats , make sure your follower was hired, because if you just equip him it wont reflect the bonus.
Edited by Hugetank on 2/16/2012 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
my current mf and gold find stand at 129 gold find and same time 104 mf, and if change the ammy it will be 158 mf 89 mf as of patch 13
Reply Quote
I just found a rare ring with both gf and mf. Both are 7%.
Reply Quote
Belt = 7%
Ammy = 14%
Chest = 10%
Shoulder = 10%
Bracers = 10%
Gloves = 10%
Helmet = 10%
Boots = 10%
Pants = 13%
Shield/Quivers = 13%

Total = 127%

I was looking for exactly this information, thank you for posting this, and thanks to the OP for asking the question.

In regards to the lack of rares in the beta I wouldn't be too concerned considering the beta is suppose to be like 1/3 of 1 act out of 4 acts of 1 difficultly out of 4. I have only found maybe 2 or 3 rares other than the SK first run, and starting with patch 13 a couple of my first runs did not even yield a rare from the SK.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that there are 10% MF rings. I just got one from the Returned before the SK. it's a level 7 ring.
Reply Quote
Pants = 13%

Max is 14% not 13%
Reply Quote
03/05/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Bloodytrex
whats the point of over like 30% gold find or magic find? their are caps atm in beta so it dont matter if you have 500% or 30% you will get the same. or you just seeing what you can get for when retail hits?

Where's the source on this? Not saying you're incorrect I'm just curious if this has been stated or not.

The reason I ask is because I have a 218% GF Wizard and I'm getting massive clumps of gold on SK runs right now. Significantly more than I did when I had 100%, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]