Diablo® III

Caring less and less each day

63 Blood Elf Warlock
I found a quote on a fan site that Bashiokhad said
A bad situation would be if no one really cared that it's not out yet.

I still care, but I care so very much less than I did a year and a half ago. These days I'm even debating weather there will be enough of what I want to enjoy to justify spending 60$. I certainly didn't get my money's worth from Starcraft II.

How long do you expect players to continue to care? For at least some of us, Blizzard has lost the magic that brought us some of the best games we've ever played. Each might have a different opinion about when Blizzard lost it, but I am sure it's more than just me who has lost the faith in Blizzard.

Right now, I guess I'm going to buy the game. But I'm also about as sure that after a few missions, remorse will set in as I quickly lose interest in the game before even finishing the first or second act.

You might not be in a bad situation right now... but your are certainly on the brink of it.
Edited by Gûlraug on 2/12/2012 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Gûlraug
Bioshack

Lol, BIOSHACK
Reply Quote
It's Bashiok...

and as for excitement/caring level... there's been a dip in that since we haven't had the hype of a Blizzcon recently or any huge awesome information releases etc but when the game is a week a way and then when it's finally in our hands everybody's going to go berserk and play until their mouse and backup mouse breaks!

So... Idk what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
Bioshak is the new Best Buy
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Warlock
fixed. Watching the interview with Chris Metzen and Jay Wilson for the 15 year anniversary just now made me feel a little better. I felt similarly as Jay Wilson did recalling Diablo 1 release. I will be happy if the game is everything Metzen describes in his interview.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
To be honest, I am finding myself losing interest and not caring as much as well. Has nothing to do with what Bashiok said, I was feeling that for a few months now. After playing the beta and then playing Titan Quest for the first time recently, D3 just feels like it lacks a lot of depth.

Just not as excited, and I think I've subconsciously mentally moved on to other games releasing in the near future.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
Stop caring so much about video games.
Reply Quote
i know what ill do right away :
step 1: open ps3
step 2: put final fantaisi 13-2 in it
step 3: finish this rum&coke and start playing
step 4: sleep
step 5: woke up and see that nothing is new on d3.com -_- no wait a wallpaper yeah!!!! i can wait for 2 more years!!!
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Sylken
After playing the beta and then playing Titan Quest for the first time recently, D3 just feels like it lacks a lot of depth.
How can you even compare the two? Of course the beta isn't as deep as a full game. It's just a beta. The beta isn't meant to demo all the features that make D3 great. It's mainly a server and hardware test with some bug troubleshooting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
When they finally announce the release day, I promise you, you will feel that acute tightness of anticipation in the back of your skull again.

We all probably feel pretty flat right now, I know I do but when I log in for the first time and my Barb starts launching mobs across the screen, none of the frustrations that we feel now will make one lick of difference.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Lucied
After playing the beta and then playing Titan Quest for the first time recently, D3 just feels like it lacks a lot of depth.
How can you even compare the two? Of course the beta isn't as deep as a full game. It's just a beta. The beta isn't meant to demo all the features that make D3 great. It's mainly a server and hardware test with some bug troubleshooting.

Actually, I played Titan's Quest recently and it's got everything I liked about the original Diablo games. It also has the benefit of being available NOW, while Blizzard is busy trying to put in forced always-online and an RMAH.

I understand Blizzard is working hard on this because you know cause nobody wants to play a game with no multiplayer options like Skyrim. Being able to open save game files and fix your own problems or simply enter a console command is probably no where as much as waiting a few days for Blizzard to tell you "It's working as intended" and refuse to restore lost items.
Reply Quote
i waited over 10 years for D3, and after playing the beta and experiencing how these people are ruining one of the greatest game franchises ever that someone else created... i can honestly say i dont care that its not out yet.

im actually undecided if i even want to spend $60 on it either (never thought i would feel this way)

..and actually i think that now, i would be happier if it was never released, and just let my fantasy die.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
i waited over 10 years for D3, and after playing the beta and experiencing how these people are ruining one of the greatest game franchises ever that someone else created... i can honestly say i dont care that its not out yet.

im actually undecided if i even want to spend $60 on it either (never thought i would feel this way)

..and actually i think that now, i would be happier if it was never released, and just let my fantasy die.

Lol, judging the game off the beta. I think it's better if you don't buy it so there's no chance that I'll ever join a game with you.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Gûlraug
I certainly didn't get my money's worth from Starcraft II.

Among recent game releases, Starcraft II is one of the deepest and most rewarding of long-term effort out there. If you didn't get your money's worth from it, you may just not have much of an interest in RTS games, unless you were one of the hardcore Brood War fans who just couldn't get used to the differences. (Not knocking those Brood War fans, by the way, since that game was absolutely a classic.)

As for Diablo 3: Complaining about the game's depth based on this beta is a difficult case to make. Imagine a vanilla WoW beta with the level cap at 13 and leading up to the first boss fight or so in Ragefire Chasm, and with the skill trees unavailable. Players would have complained that there wasn't any depth to their abilities, that all the gear was the same, that crafting took forever and just made some poor-quality white items, etc. etc.

The depth will come from what we haven't seen yet:

* More advanced and difficult creature abilities
* Higher-end, more complex boss fights
* Higher-end affixes (I mean really, we've barely even seen items good enough to give base stats!)
* The rune system and what it means to get good skill synergy with six skill choices, runes, and gear.

At level 10 in WoW, I was happy just to see the occasional green item drop and marvel at how huge the world felt. What my guild would have to do in terms of gear and play to beat the Illidan raid encounter two and a half years later was completely inaccessible to me -- my understanding of the game just didn't include the relevant concepts right then.

I firmly believe that the released version of D3 will be a tremendously addictive game and that people playing the beta simply don't have the pieces to put together to form a picture of what it will be like later on. I say that just because that's the way Blizzard's releases tend to go.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Lol, judging the game off the beta. I think it's better if you don't buy it so there's no chance that I'll ever join a game with you.

yes, im judging it because they made Diablo look like a sunday morning cartoon.
Reply Quote
And you'll care about it a lot once it's released. No one has any patience anymore in this instant gratification generation.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 07:35 AMPosted by D3BETA
yes, im judging it because they made Diablo look like a sunday morning cartoon.
How long did you play Diablo 2? More than 5 years? When you were on your 3rd and 4th year, were the graphics a main reason you kept playing? Did you make your 10th and 20th character because you wanted to see the same graphics for a 1000th time? I'm not saying the graphics aren't an important part of the game, but it doesn't make sense to judge a game with hundreds of hours of gameplay based on graphics. If graphics weren't the main reason why you kept playing D2, why should it be the main reason you not play D3?

These types of complaints are starting to sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum. If some kids don't get everything they want, they'll kick and scream to get their way. The sooner you realize you can't get everything you want and sometimes you should just accept what life gives you, you'll be a lot happier.

D3 is still a fast paced ARPG with millions of different build options with tons of variety. Just accept that for what it is and have fun with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]