Diablo® III

Caring less and less each day

Come on guys it's only been 4 years...JW and his team should'nt be underestimated just because there is still no release in sight.
/beams w/ pride looking at his 2011 wallpaper
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Lucied
yes, im judging it because they made Diablo look like a sunday morning cartoon.
How long did you play Diablo 2? More than 5 years? When you were on your 3rd and 4th year, were the graphics a main reason you kept playing? Did you make your 10th and 20th character because you wanted to see the same graphics for a 1000th time? I'm not saying the graphics aren't an important part of the game, but it doesn't make sense to judge a game with hundreds of hours of gameplay based on graphics. If graphics weren't the main reason why you kept playing D2, why should it be the main reason you not play D3?

These types of complaints are starting to sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum. If some kids don't get everything they want, they'll kick and scream to get their way. The sooner you realize you can't get everything you want and sometimes you should just accept what life gives you, you'll be a lot happier.

D3 is still a fast paced ARPG with millions of different build options with tons of variety. Just accept that for what it is and have fun with it.

stop trying to justify stupid design decisions...

no, i dont judge every game by its graphics.. there are plenty of incredible games without incredible graphics.. but this game holds no resemblance to the Diablo series.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Lucied
yes, im judging it because they made Diablo look like a sunday morning cartoon.
How long did you play Diablo 2? More than 5 years? When you were on your 3rd and 4th year, were the graphics a main reason you kept playing? Did you make your 10th and 20th character because you wanted to see the same graphics for a 1000th time? I'm not saying the graphics aren't an important part of the game, but it doesn't make sense to judge a game with hundreds of hours of gameplay based on graphics. If graphics weren't the main reason why you kept playing D2, why should it be the main reason you not play D3?

These types of complaints are starting to sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum. If some kids don't get everything they want, they'll kick and scream to get their way. The sooner you realize you can't get everything you want and sometimes you should just accept what life gives you, you'll be a lot happier.

D3 is still a fast paced ARPG with millions of different build options with tons of variety. Just accept that for what it is and have fun with it.

I presume most people will want to play the story first and yea, the graphics are important when you try and set an atmosphere, especially a dark/gothic one.

In the long run you won't care, but I definitely remember my first time through D2 and how much the graphics contributed to the atmosphere and overall experience.
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Zymosis
I certainly didn't get my money's worth from Starcraft II.
...What?

I agree with the dude, SCII did not deliver. Boring and unbalanced.

It would be rated an above average rts at best and would not have been the e-sport it is today without its brand power.

And since everyone likes to make this argument, being an extremely popular e-sport does not make a game good. Some would call MW3 an e-sport; millions of players, clans, elite service for serious gamers, but we can all agree that that game is recycled trash.
Reply Quote
I can certainly handle waiting a few more months. I just wish we were kept in the loop a little more often. For example, that update from Jay Wilson about further system changes.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Posted by Zymosis

...What?

I agree with the dude, SCII did not deliver. Boring and unbalanced.

It would be rated an above average rts at best and would not have been the e-sport it is today without its brand power.

And since everyone likes to make this argument, being an extremely popular e-sport does not make a game good. Some would call MW3 an e-sport; millions of players, clans, elite service for serious gamers, but we can all agree that that game is recycled trash.

I agree. SC2 was a rehash of the original but without the length of play and lack of depth.

And I also agree that I'm tired of coming to this site only to see the latest news is some meaningless wallpaper/fan art/green text in forums "News". My level of interest in D3 is waning. I know I'll buy it but will I play it as long as I played D2/LOD? Time will only tell. What I do know is I gave up on WoW and won't be getting the next expansion.

Bottom line is Blizzard is losing another fan.
Reply Quote
Dear diary,

i waited over 10 years for D3, and after playing the beta and experiencing how these people are ruining one of the greatest game franchises ever that someone else created... i can honestly say i dont care that its not out yet.

im actually undecided if i even want to spend $60 on it either (never thought i would feel this way)

..and actually i think that now, i would be happier if it was never released, and just let my fantasy die.

This is way better.
Edited by Jps on 2/12/2012 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Who is Bashiok?
(I'm being sarcastic guys. lol *) )
Reply Quote
stop trying to justify stupid design decisions...

no, i dont judge every game by its graphics.. there are plenty of incredible games without incredible graphics.. but this game holds no resemblance to the Diablo series.

I'm not trying to justify a design decision. I'm saying you shouldn't dismiss a whole game just because you don't agree with a cosmetic design decision.

At it's core, D2 was a fast paced ARPG based on randomized gameplay and the possibility for tons of different build possibilities. D3 has the same fast paced ARPG/randomization foundation with far more build variety than D2. Why can't you accept that for what it is and have fun with it?

Do you only buy a game if you agree with every design decision? I don't agree with every design decision in D3 either, but that doesn't mean I won't have fun with the core features of the game. Even if you only play each class to level 30, you would still get more play time out of D3 than many modern games.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Warlock
02/12/2012 07:04 AMPosted by D3BETA

The depth will come from what we haven't seen yet:

* More advanced and difficult creature abilities
* Higher-end, more complex boss fights
* Higher-end affixes (I mean really, we've barely even seen items good enough to give base stats!)
* The rune system and what it means to get good skill synergy with six skill choices, runes, and gear.

I firmly believe that the released version of D3 will be a tremendously addictive game and that people playing the beta simply don't have the pieces to put together to form a picture of what it will be like later on. I say that just because that's the way Blizzard's releases tend to go.

I'd like to play a game where the depth comes from immersion in the game's universe, lore and story. All of the things you listed are things I don't care about or are going to get in the way of me enjoying the game.

I wasn't invited to the beta. I don't have access to the game to base my loss of interest on. Primarily, I know I bought Starcraft II and never finished it because the game wasn't as compelling as the first one. Blizzard spent a lot of time on details that don't matter to me as a player who only wants to play through an interesting game once, or twice before moving on.

Someone above says I have to take what I'm given. That presupposes that I don't have a choice about buying the game.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]