Diablo® III

Which Class Will Outperform in Inferno?

85 Blood Elf Warrior
Some other moron made a thread similar, but worse. (talking about elitists outperforming other elitists, lol wth?)

So in this thread, lets talk about what class you think will do the best in inferno? (i.e.- survivability, kill efficiency, AoE farming, etc) -- Explain your reasoning.

Personally I'd have to say the Demon Hunter, as they can stay away from most mobs and kill from a distance, usually at a decent speed.
Edited by Pride on 2/11/2012 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
id say the pally with his mighty hammers.......wait im talking about christmas 2020 (first expansion of d3)
Edited by mprakathak on 2/11/2012 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Some other moron made a thread similar, but worse.

Nope, think yours is just as bad. Anything here is purely conjecture...

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
02/11/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Foodspec
Some other moron made a thread similar, but worse.

And the other thread is purely subjective. Seriously, he wanted to know which kind of "elitist gamer" would outperform the others.

A) There is no answer to that.
B) That's absolutely not what this thread is about, nor something I care to discuss.
C) Stay on topic as to the question asked, or find your way out. :)
Edited by Pride on 2/11/2012 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think that winning in inferno will be all about the player not the character
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 11:49 PMPosted by D3BETA
i think that winning in inferno will be all about the player not the character

I completely disagree with you here. Diablo has been foremost an item/character build based game. They havent really changed up this formula in Diablo 3. Diablo has had little to do with actual skill, more to do with the amount of information you know about the game and the items you have on your character to max min your character. Skill has very little to do with it. This is diablo.

You can only get better at killing mobs in this game the longer you play. You cannot magically become worse. Bosses do not scale either as you get better items, they only scale with more players in the game. So long as you can click button there is little skill involved in playing this game. It was never about skill to begin with.

There will eventually be a point were skill has diminishing returns as the items you get become better and stronger to the point were your min maxing of items really takes over. You can only get better items the longer you play. If you beat inferno skeleton king once, the second time will be easier. It is only a matter of time. The beta (while very easy) shows this concept in action.
Edited by ACPRO on 2/11/2012 11:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Monks should be pretty solid and their longevity should be quite high. Just made a quick keep away build to keep most enemies in mid range while giving tons of heals and mobility http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#chdXjR!XdV!YZYcYb

Exalted Soul can be swaped for something else but I like it so i always have enough spirit for healing and booking it if i need to :D
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Whatever can evade and kite the best is going to probably be the best... with that said it's probably the Demon Hunter.

Makes me sad because my main will be a Wizard but that's okay! I'll be playing co-op the whole time so it doesn't matter what the best class in Inferno is.

Also... if they do Inferno correctly every class will be about equal because everybody will die A LOT. lol
Reply Quote
It's completely conjecture, since no one really knows what Inferno is like, or even what the skill system is going to look like for final release. Judging by today's iteration of the skill system, I'd have to say Wizard would get my vote. Strong AoE and good utility skills are littered at just about every level of each skill section. Not getting hit is still the best defense, and a stand off caster has that going for it. Additionally, cold, fire, or arcane damage types are all just a simple skill change away, for dealing with resistant packs.
After that, I'd say Witch Doctor. Pets that can tank always add security, and there appears to be enough AoE and control to deal with threats. I'm biased by how safe I always felt behind my Necro skeleton shields in D2, but I suspect this will be a good hardcore class as well.

I wanna say DH is my third choice, and I guess it is. I just didn't love the class. It seemed a bit of a one trick pony to me, damage on top of damage. There's only a tiny handful of utility, cover your butt type abilities. Caltrops is pretty amazing though, that skill alone is probably the primary reason I place DH in the top 3.
Monk and Barb I rate as about equal, with a nod to the Monk for added versatility. I don't choose melee if i want safety, since melee exposes itself to the greatest risk. I'm sure well geared members of both these classes will find their way through. Anyway, that's how I see it. We'll have to see how things shake out in the coming weeks and months.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:45 AMPosted by DeMasked
Archivist plain and simple.

Shush
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 12:45 AMPosted by DeMasked
Archivist plain and simple.
Reply Quote
Some other moron made a thread similar, but worse. (talking about elitists outperforming other elitists, lol wth?)

So in this thread, lets talk about what class you think will do the best in inferno? (i.e.- survivability, kill efficiency, AoE farming, etc) -- Explain your reasoning.

Personally I'd have to say the Demon Hunter, as they can stay away from most mobs and kill from a distance, usually at a decent speed.

So can wizards and witch doctors, and monks and hit and run, barbs have stuns. The classes are pretty balanced from what we can see, there's no best, it's only opinion and most importantly play style. You may play better with melee classes for example, while I've always prefered ranged magic and archers in RPG games. I like the wizard and demonhunter the most, and will try monk as my third, to answer your question.

-Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Reply Quote
Ranged based characters can potentially employ hit and run tactics to remain alive while improperly equipped. I'd say Demon Hunter and Wizard will have the edge.

I discount Witch Doctor only because of D2's Necromancer in Hell difficulty was insufficient with pet based builds without insanely overpowered equipment. The concept that they can have pets tank while dishing out damage makes them potentially the best.

Melee characters don't have the same luxury. The Monk and Barbarian will likely struggle most when first going to insane.
Reply Quote
It varies on who controls the characters and their play style as well. Range usually are more evasive then the melee classes, though Monk does get dodge onto their stats, if placed correctly. Also depends if they get lucky with the gear that may drop during Inferno as if the farther you go in, the more gear you may find to boost your survival.

Now we don't know how difficult Inferno is, so for myself, I'll be farming hell for the best amount of gear I can find (along with runestones) to survive. (Also knowing myself, I'm going to be playing the Barbarian so it's going to be a fun time in Inferno... just like playing Contra without cheating.)
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Pride

And the other thread is purely subjective. Seriously, he wanted to know which kind of "elitist gamer" would outperform the others.

A) There is no answer to that.
B) That's absolutely not what this thread is about, nor something I care to discuss.
C) Stay on topic as to the question asked, or find your way out. :)

Oh yeah and we have answers to which class will perform better at lvl 60, in a diff that noone here played
nice one
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 06:01 AMPosted by D3BETA
lol everyone thinks inferno is going to be extremely hard, it wont be. Once everyone has the top items it will be jus like in Diablo 2. Enigma, Hoto, etc solo baal runs.

pretty much this. they've stated multiple times that the game is soloable from point a to b. that means inferno too. it might take you longer or whatever, but it is. people getting the idea that this game will push the extreme on difficulty is wishing to much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]