Diablo® III

End Game Rushing

I was wondering what people thought about endgame and how it will effect you. The way it is, well at least from what blizzard has stated, is that they want us to explore, kill and uncover their world. Its really a great concept.

Personally I wouldnt get bored exploring killing randoms wherever they might pop up. It keeps the game from getting repetitive and boring fast. Baal runs get boring really fast.

I have a feeling that we will still see multiple boss runs though, even with the supposed idea that they want us to get the best loot from trash. When you look at it from the beta level, which I know, I really shouldnt do, its honestly a zerg to the SK.

Even in Inferno, whats to stop this. What I see, will be, rush to any known location where there is a boss or a permanate event where they are guaranteed loot. Such as, jondar, and SK. Yes they will kill the elite/champion/randoms on the way, but why not rush to the guaranteed loot droppers?

Are they going to lower the percentage of the loot that these boss/events can drop or have? Or are they going to make it to where the more you run certain events/bosses the percentage lowers accordingly?

I myself, have ran the SK run multiple times on multiple characters and I just dont know. Ive had new characters get absolutely nothing, literally nothing, from him before. And characters ive ran multiple times get a rare drop.
Reply Quote
There will surely be some kind of rushing for normal/nightmare and probably hell too eventually, but you can't really rush through inferno lol. Of course youcan leve lto 60 in hell anyways, in fact the exp should be pretty amazing at low lvl if u can get in hell.

-Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Reply Quote
There will surely be some kind of rushing for normal/nightmare and probably hell too eventually, but you can't really rush through inferno lol. Of course youcan leve lto 60 in hell anyways, in fact the exp should be pretty amazing at low lvl if u can get in hell.

-Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com

People will always find ways to rush. Monks would make the best rushers IMO. The only way they could stop rushing is to increase the density of the mobs so much that you would just get one shotted if you jumped into a pack. even then, that wont stop a monk.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/12/2012 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would imagine they would just adjust the drop rates as they see what happens. For instance, if it's twice as likely to get that awesome item from an elite/champion than from a boss, but it takes 3 times as long to find an elite than to find a boss, people are just going to run to the boss every time. They could simply adjust the drop rate so that it is more time-effective to hunt for an elite than to run to the boss every time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]