Diablo® III

Where's the write-up on the rune system?!?!?

02/16/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Hellslayer
Wait, did I miss a post or something? The next beta patch will have the rune system in it? Oo

No they will release some data on the rune system. You don't get runes in the game till act 2 I believe.
Reply Quote
well thats kinda lame
Reply Quote

02/16/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Seventhwinds
well thats kinda lame

how come? They always said that runes start dropping later in the game, and we know beta is about 1/3rd of act 1, so testing runes in the beta would be impossible.

It makes sense that you first start playing the game, you have time to use the raw skills before aplying runes to them. Otherwise it could be too complicated for people that buy the game and have zero knowledge about how the system works (a really high % of d3 playerbase).

Reply Quote
02/15/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Khaoz
Somehow saying "soon" makes people less insane, or even giggle. It's like magic.

It is not saying soon, it's saying something time to time. And [b]soon became an word of disapointment.

If truer words have been spoken about Blizzard then I will deactivate my account.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/15/2012 01:39 AMPosted by D3BETA
This game was coming out soon over 3 years ago... Blizzard sure do have a funny definition of soon.

You clearly haven't seen http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon
Reply Quote
02/15/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Tahmtan
Soon

LOL

Yeah, we all saw it..
Reply Quote
Silencio I find it creepy you know Bash's schedule. That or you are sucking up...(putting that nicely, since we have different words in the military) haha
Reply Quote
02/15/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Bashiok
We'll be posting information on the next patch pretty much as close to the patch release as we can manage. Soon.

Ahhhhh, blizzard employees at their finest. When all else fails. Soon.
Reply Quote
Soon.

the best word ever invented
Reply Quote
We'll be posting information on the next patch pretty much as close to the patch release as we can manage. Soon.

Is this going to be the final iteration in terms of core rune system aspects (basically, no more major adjustments, just tweaking)? That's my question.

If so, I would like to hope that this game is finally near release.
Reply Quote
No button to thumbs up bash for this post and the one on the naughty forum. So thumbs up bash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

It doesn't matter, man. It's not worth spending time trying to justify our processes, just stuff happens when it happens, we can maybe drop some hints, sometimes, other times we may not, but ultimately it's done when it's done and that drives some people INSANE. Can't be helped.

Somehow saying "soon" makes people less insane, or even giggle. It's like magic.

It's Murphy's Law: "If you try to make everyone happy, someone's not going to like it." :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]