Diablo® III

Beta Key Giveaways - Updated 3/12

(Locked)

90 Tauren Warrior
02/16/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Bonefist
I believe everybody who signed up for the annual pass should get a beta key just for the fact that they already commited themselves for getting the game, not all the beta players are gonna get the game most likely, so they might as well reward those who are already set.

I agree.

Also, giving all these keys to random websites seems really unfair. It also reminds me of radio concerts where every local radio station gives out tickets to some sold out concert. But they are giving away a bunch, every day, for like 3 weeks or something. Hey, how about instead of reserving a huge chuck of tickets for a bunch of radio stations to give away, you just let people who are willing to stand in line and just buy them, have their chance instead of leaving it up to whoever is the 10th caller or whatever.

If you are so eager to let people beta test, then just let people beta test. Its not like you guys need any help promoting the game. Its no obscure indy game.
AHHHH...This is the best news I've ever heard recently!
02/16/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Herethebeef
I believe everybody who signed up for the annual pass should get a beta key just for the fact that they already commited themselves for getting the game, not all the beta players are gonna get the game most likely, so they might as well reward those who are already set.

I agree.

Also, giving all these keys to random websites seems really unfair. It also reminds me of radio concerts where every local radio station gives out tickets to some sold out concert. But they are giving away a bunch, every day, for like 3 weeks or something. Hey, how about instead of reserving a huge chuck of tickets for a bunch of radio stations to give away, you just let people who are willing to stand in line and just buy them, have their chance instead of leaving it up to whoever is the 10th caller or whatever.

If you are so eager to let people beta test, then just let people beta test. Its not like you guys need any help promoting the game. Its no obscure indy game.

1 milion invites?
Not gonna happen.
90 Tauren Warrior
1 milion invites?
Not gonna happen.

Why not? They plan to have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than that on active servers when the game goes live, right?

Well, I hope so. Lest we have yet another online game "we didn't expect this much demand even though so many people preordered it" fiasco.
looking forward for it :)
63 Night Elf Death Knight
all i know is i bought my computer 2 years ago lol just so i could play Diablo 3 but then it got pushed back and then pushed back again. Man all i want to do is play that game but every time you ask about it all you hear is the game got pushed back again so i hope i get a beta key because i am going crazy waiting on this game lol.
02/16/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Moritra
Kind of lame. How about you just send all these out to opt-ins who have been signed up for over a year but haven't been fortunate enough to receive an yet?

agreed
90 Night Elf Druid
I have the wow annual pass and I would gladly trade my MOP wow beta option for a D3 beta option. I'm really really surprised this is NOT an option.
:D
Diablo Incgamers should 100% be given keys. Whether they think they get negative pub or not, it has gotten out of control where Blizzard thinks they are worse than it really is. It is the best fan site out there and its not even close.

Snubbing your most dedicated fans who enjoy that site isn't punishing the fan site because they already get the hits, its punishing your fans. Poor decision Blizzard.

Seems neat, but if I missed out on 100,000 randomly assigned keys it seems to be a serious longshot to hope to win one in a pool of like 400.
85 Undead Mage
Or they could just issue the beta key to me directly instead of sending countless millions to companies who I have to sell my virtual soul to, and jump through a dozen more hoops to get a key...
Good to see that the folks at Blizz are still ignoring the oldest and one of the most high traffic D3 fansites; Diablo.incgamers.com
02/16/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Mageosaurus
Or they could just issue the beta key to me directly instead of sending countless millions to companies who I have to sell my virtual soul to, and jump through a dozen more hoops to get a key...

dogjumpingthroughfourhoops.jpg

http://blizzplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?21-Love-is-in-the-Air-D3-Beta-Key-Giveaway&p=1267&viewfull=1#post1267
Edited by heroicblues on 2/16/2012 1:19 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]