Diablo® III

Inferno high spirit regen build

Curious to hear thoughts on this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#hYkZXg!cZd!babYbb

It sounds like the battles in inferno will take longer, and you won't be able to just go damage heavy to clear through mobs. This build attempts to mix healing, crowd control, and area damage with high spirit regeneration.

The goal will be to start all champion/elite battles with full spirit (250 with exalted soul). This would allow an opening of blinding flash with 3 waves of light. I would imagine that would clear out most the non-elites. Once those are cleared out, the elite battle would involve running around passively gaining hp and spirit. Then drop some skills and attacks here and there trying to wittle them down.

Weaknesses I see are a lack of damage reduction and mobility. Interested to hear ideas to improve that, while keeping high spirit regen. Thinking I need to work in resolve and or pacifism in probably.

Reply Quote
i think your making battles longer by yourself not having much dps. i understand the need for regen and cc. but i would rune something for straight dmg.. maybe your sweeping wind i dunno. just seem to lack dmg is all.
Reply Quote
Ya damage is low on this. Although with enough spirit regen, the lashing tail kick and especially wave of light would be pretty efficient taking out groups of enemies. This build assumes you are with one person tho.
Reply Quote

It sounds like the battles in inferno will take longer, and you won't be able to just go damage heavy to clear through mobs. This build attempts to mix healing, crowd control, and area damage with high spirit regeneration.

The goal will be to start all champion/elite battles with full spirit (250 with exalted soul). This would allow an opening of blinding flash with 3 waves of light. I would imagine that would clear out most the non-elites. Once those are cleared out, the elite battle would involve running around passively gaining hp and spirit. Then drop some skills and attacks here and there trying to wittle them down.

Weaknesses I see are a lack of damage reduction and mobility. Interested to hear ideas to improve that, while keeping high spirit regen. Thinking I need to work in resolve and or pacifism in probably.

Golden fists of thunder would give you better spirit gen then golden sweeping wind. Duel wielding offers superiror spirit generation then 2 hander's by a significant amount. Chant of resonance and mantra of healing offer medicore spirit generation, even when including the 20% bonus. Golden breath of haven is only better then indigo if you are only casting it for the buff, and not the healing. (i.e you aren't spamming it to regain health) Can someone explain to me why exalted soul is so popular? You have 200 max spirit base. Why would you need another 100 max? Transendance is godlike for builds with extreme spirit gen, specially duel wielding.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Agreed re: Golden Fists of Thunder giving better regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Golden fists of thunder would give you better spirit gen then golden sweeping wind. Duel wielding offers superiror spirit generation then 2 hander's by a significant amount. Chant of resonance and mantra of healing offer medicore spirit generation, even when including the 20% bonus. Golden breath of haven is only better then indigo if you are only casting it for the buff, and not the healing. (i.e you aren't spamming it to regain health) Can someone explain to me why exalted soul is so popular? You have 200 max spirit base. Why would you need another 100 max? Transendance is godlike for builds with extreme spirit gen, specially duel wielding.

Because you don;t get 200. It got changed, you now have 150 spirit. I still agree that it's a waste because so many of the other passives look SOO mcuh sweeter, but I think people are simply going with the typical MMO theory on resources. More is better.

I'm not saying it's bad either, of course. No one really knows, except for the people who work for Blizzard who have played past the first 1/3rd of the 1st act of Normal difficulty.
Reply Quote
Thanks for input. What about this build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aUWZQg!cYd!ZbcYbb

Thunderclap for some mobility with fast spirit regen. Third attacks with exploding palm. This should improve area damage, and be nice bonus spirit on explosions. I switched out a few other things too.

I like exalted soul because if D3 is like D2, some battles will be harder than others. It seems very beneficial to start the hard battles with 250 spirit, vs only 150.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]